Meow, Greetings

Saberuneko

Reaction score
Hello there, I'm Saber.

I'm a computer programmer, hobby artist (mainly furry artwork) and a newcomer to the matter of 3D modelling.

I've played Orbiter for some years already, and I really like this simulator.

After some time, I ended up downloading some add-ons and extra ships to keep trying out new stuff... at the end, I decided to try getting my own ship done...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...th_cargo_pods__by_maverik_soldier-d5f9p3t.png

I already managed to get the mesh working, but I really don't know how to handle stuff like allocating the lights and engine flare effects... I also lack knowledge about texturing... so, yeah, there's much work to do...

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/284/c/e/archdeacon_in_orbiter_by_maverik_soldier-d5hhz6c.png

That made me consider joining the community, to see if I can learn, and at the same time, sharing the stuff I make if it ever gets good enough.

Hope we have a fun time together.

Best Regards to everyone, meow.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The force is strong with this one...

Saberuneko

Reaction score
He he! Thank you very much for the fast and warm welcome, people!

About my ship, at the end, I've kept working this meowning and done my research a bit, and found out how to make the engines visible:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2..._flare_effects_by_maverik_soldier-d5hk2uc.png

Only texturing work remains. I might upload this one to the add-ons as soon as I have a nice texturing work done and I package the whole stuff nicely. (Just now, my files are sort of scrambled due to testing) :3

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I already managed to get the mesh working, but I really don't know how to handle stuff like allocating the lights and engine flare effects... I also lack knowledge about texturing... so, yeah, there's much work to do...

Wow, great work on that mesh. It looks cool. Good luck working it into Orbiter. :thumbup:

oh, and :welcome: :cheers:

Jamie

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Ooh, looks like the Aresa World spaceship of another Spanish (former?) orbinaut.

Saberuneko

Reaction score
Ooh, looks like the Aresa World spaceship of another Spanish (former?) orbinaut.

Oh, is it uplodaded to the add-ons site? I would like to give it a go. :3
Maybe both of us inspired in the same reference model.

In my case, this was my first mesh ever so I decided to take a reference instead of making it completely from scratch:

The Original Archdeacon vessel comes from a very good classic game called "StarKnights", here's a little shot of the pic I had as ref (probably it is the only one that exists, in fact...)

archdeacon.png

At the end I invented a bit, adding bigger engines and some cargo pods. :3

--

By the way, I uplodaded the ship to the Add-ons section after a little revision, I've changed the values to more reasonable ones (so you cannot leave earth from surface in 10 seconds like in the last vid. x3)

If I recall it right, the section gave me a message telling me to wait 24h for the ship to appear, so if it's not there already, wait a bit. :3

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Oh, is it uplodaded to the add-ons site? I would like to give it a go. :3
Maybe both of us inspired in the same reference model.

I certainly wish it was available, but the developer disappeared before release years ago.
http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=2856
I just noticed that his website DOES have some recent works using his old models.
And I must be either thinking of a totally different ship I've seen or I just can't find unbroken links to an image of it. :p

Last edited: