T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Endeavourtron! :rofl:

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
From the sound of the article, they specifically mention the crawler transporter. Perhaps Mike Bay will have the crawler transform and wreak havoc on Cocoa Beach.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That does not improve things. :(

Besides, now there is no Shuttletron...

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
There won't even be a shuttle on the pad September 17th.

I will admit though, even though its horribly technically inaccurate, the launch scene in Armageddon was pretty cool (I think its just because I enjoy night launches) and helps boosts interest in NASA.

Puma

Reaction score
Maybe there is a new transformer robot for the upcoming movie which transforms into a space shuttle like astro-train!!

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't mind if they looked like this:
picture.php

;)

Self-service aside, Jetfire was a Space Shuttle at one point, so if things went a little differently, we would have Enterprisetron (at the same museum as the SR-71).

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

This
300px-Armada_Jetfire_toy1.jpg

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Transformers 3 will be filming on the Space Coast in late September. A production office will be set up in early Sept and an email address will be given so you can send in your resumes. They are seeking the following positions:

Catering
Craft service
Medics
PAs
Electricians
Grips
Set dressing

Casting for extras will also take place. We are waiting for the Casting Director to give us the info needed for you. Please keep watch on this website for all updates.

Source.

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There won't even be a shuttle on the pad September 17th.

I will admit though, even though its horribly technically inaccurate, the launch scene in Armageddon was pretty cool (I think its just because I enjoy night launches) and helps boosts interest in NASA.

"Copy Press to MECO"
"Houston, this is a kick-ass ride!"
was waiting for "Copy kick-ass ride, balls-to-the-wall confirmed, you are go for a Hell Yeah"

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When I saw this thread title I thought it said

"3 Transformers to shoot Micheal Bay at the Cape"

but I knew it was too good to be true...

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No no no... forget those silly Transformers, what you really need is a few Transmorphers:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2-6XdiR1iI"]YouTube- TRANSMORPHERS - forget that silly TRANSFORMERS movie![/ame]

It's a ripoff of Transformers, but actually it has more in common with Terminator. From SPACE. And it has horrible graphics, to name a few of the things about it that's horrible.

Slice N Splice

Reaction score
Ill be sure to crash my DGIV near where ever he is filming at.
Making sure i eject my passengers and myself before the DGIV explodes...

Then my men will repeatedly beat up micheal bay...

Then we will get a DGEX to plow through the robots...

Then we will rule the day.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, we definitaly need a Micheal Bay UMMU to put at KSC and crash-land on! :lol:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Florida Today: Space experts preferred as extras for action film:
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER — Space Coast residents who applied in recent months to be acting extras in "Transformers 3" while shooting takes place here appear to be out of luck, unless they work for NASA or a space contractor.

They also must have the proper clearance to be in the secure areas.

Instead of using extras from a cross-section of the community, the "Transformers 3" production crew focused on hiring extras from among those who already had security clearance to be on Kennedy Space Center grounds.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I'd rather watch Transmorphers filmed at the Cape. The Asylum can do better than anything Bay can come up with. Or Tim Burton, wait scratch that, he'd probably make the launch pads all twisted and intertwined with trees, and have the shuttle with bird wings that it flaps like hell to get to orbit. On second thought that would be pretty funny, a shuttle with bird wings.

Darren

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
From NASASpaceFlight's article - STS-133 completes hyper loading – Discovery may star in Transformers movie:
Discovery continues to enjoy a smooth pad flow, as the milestone of hyper loading (S0024) was completed on Saturday. The veteran orbiter is also enjoying a weekend at the movies, as filming of Transformers 3 picks up at the Kennedy Space Center (KSC).

Regardless, flashes and bangs of a different nature can be expected at the pad over the coming days, as movie crews film scenes for the Hollywood blockbuster Transformers 3, with Saturday processing information noting work to support filming should proceed as planned over this weekend.

Scenes are expected to be shot at Pad 39A on Wednesday – understood to be timed with Discovery being on show with the RSS retracted, meaning the Shuttle may gain herself some credits in the movie.

Hundreds of extras have received security clearance to be in the grounds of KSC during the filming, while Cape Canaveral sources noted Atlas and Delta resources will also be involved in some scenes. Director Michael Bay had previously filmed at KSC during the making of Armageddon – which involved scenes with Atlantis and Endeavour.