Project Mir station complex / UR-500 family

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ok I think it could be some kind of heatsinks for big resistors... I may be wrong, any advice welcome.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think they are heatsinks knowing how hot a rocket engine firing can get (I.E 5,000 degrees

That wouldn't help at all. When the Stage 3 engines ignites, the Stage 2 is disconnected by explosive bolts and all power lines are severed. The Stage 2 remains pretty much inert after that, only venting the tanks.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Anyone knows what those things are ? Looks like a stack of parallel plates... I doubt such electrical equipment is specific to the Proton, but my knowledge in electrics is very limited...

View attachment 28932

Looks more like multiple cable bundles getting connected. its not really parallel and it has the same appearance as cables somewhere else. A better picture could help there, especially since we only see one third of the interstage there.

Would be a bit weird to put an radiator into the place without any airflow during launch. And you can use the structure of the rocket as heat sink.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So, something like that, still WIP :

Interstage002.jpg

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
now there is a launch sound, when the orbit is reached, the music of that era starts playing
22.07.26 09-13-48 Soyuz.jpg