Problem Missing tiles at ASVI base?

Catweazle

Reaction score
Hi to all!

Recently I thought it would be nice to have a spaceport in the south of Europe, so I came across the ASVI base and installed it.

When I looked at it the first time I was wondering why the near surroundings of the base are completely white (see attached screenshot).

Are there some surface texture tiles missing? Or did I forget to download some additional components?

A repeated download and re-install didn't solve the problem.

Thanks for help!
Catweazle

Attachments

• 14.03.23 18-54-50 GL-01S.jpg
    14.03.23 18-54-50 GL-01S.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 35

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Please read the manual :)

Installation
Prior to install this release, the old release of ASVI base must be uninstalled first.
Browse to your "Uninstall" folder and launch ASVI_Uninstal.exe, then unzip the RAR archive of
the new base into your main Orbiter folder.
After that, browse to your "Config" folder where you'll find a file named: Da rinominare-Base.cfg.
This file should be renamed to "Base.cfg" and it should therefore replace your existing "Base.cfg"
file, but do hat only if your "Base.cfg" file has never been edited.
Should this not be the case, you have to manually edit your "Base.cfg" and add (copy-paste) the
following lines:

ASVI\ASVI-sede1
ASVI\ASVI-Portone
ASVI\ASVI-Insegna
ASVI\ASVI-Hangar
ASVI\Uffici_ASVI
ASVI\Assemblaggio
ASVI\Torre
ASVI\Imbarco
ASVI\SAV
ASVI\FOI-firma
ASVI\padmio
ASVI\MarbleWhite0013_1_thumbhuge[1]
vab_tl2
vab_fr02
bulk2
Runway1
ASVI\LuciProssimità
ASVI\LucePad
ASVI\BPQB
ASVI\Sic1
ASVI\Sic2
ASVI\Sic3
Earth_4_e0343_n0834

This procedure is needed in order to correctly show all the textures. When you've done with this,
you can launch Capo Passero scenarios.

Catweazle

Reaction score
Thank you for the hint, and I believe in many such cases the advice to read the manual really qualifies...

But I'm almost sorry to say: I read the manual in advance, and followed it as far as it was possible:
Firstly, there's no uninstall folder in my Orbiter installation at all, hence I can't uninstall any potential old version.

Secondly, prior to the installation of the ASVI base version I downloaded from Orbit Hangar Mods, there was no Da rinominare-Base.cfg file.

And of course, since I installed several other addons before, my Base.cfg was already modified to some extent.

So the only thing left to do was to manually edit the Base.cfg as shown in the manual.

Thats what I did. Result: you can see on the picture I attached previously. :shrug:
And yes: I checked the edit again for typing errors, but there weren't any.

Sorry for bothering, but I don't know what to do either...

Catweazle

MaS

Reaction score
Thank you for the hint, and I believe in many such cases the advice to read the manual really qualifies...

But I'm almost sorry to say: I read the manual in advance, and followed it as far as it was possible:
Firstly, there's no uninstall folder in my Orbiter installation at all, hence I can't uninstall any potential old version.

Secondly, prior to the installation of the ASVI base version I downloaded from Orbit Hangar Mods, there was no Da rinominare-Base.cfg file.

And of course, since I installed several other addons before, my Base.cfg was already modified to some extent.

So the only thing left to do was to manually edit the Base.cfg as shown in the manual.

Thats what I did. Result: you can see on the picture I attached previously. :shrug:
And yes: I checked the edit again for typing errors, but there weren't any.

Sorry for bothering, but I don't know what to do either...

Catweazle

Hi.

Just now I re-downloaded the file "ASVI_2.01.rar" from orbithangar and all is ok (as usual).

I think you have not seen the file to rename "Da rinominare-Base.cfg" but it is included in .rar file and exactly you can found it in "Config" folder!

Here, the pics about that file in .rar:
1.jpg

2.jpg

...and here the pic about that file on computer folder:
3.jpg

So, I hope you have solved your problem!

Michele

Catweazle

Reaction score
Somehow I solved the problem, but I'm not sure, what was the fault:

I just took the time and re-installed my complete Orbiter installation anew, but this time with the ASVI base as the very first addon after the basic Orbiter installation. I checked some ASVI scenario, and it worked with all textures. :)

Then I installed all the addons I had before, and the ASVI textures remained.
The Base.cfg file looks exactly the same as before (I checked this by comparing the old and new versions using Notepad++). Very strange.

No, I really don't know what caused the missing textures in my old installation. Maybe the order in which the addons were installed has got to do something with it. But honestly, I'm just too lazy to check this out by re-installing my Orbiter setup over and over again in hundreds of possible different sequences until I eventually find out which would be the wrong way to to it ;) ... or maybe find out that it wasn't the sequence at all but something else?!? Maybe some other file in the installation got corrupted?

Anyway, I'm glad it works, and now I enjoy approaching a nice-looking ASVI base!

But nonetheless: thanks for concerning yourself with my problem.

Catweazle

Attachments

• 14.03.27 21-53-55 XR2-01.jpg
    14.03.27 21-53-55 XR2-01.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 17