Mission pause MFD

MrFickles

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Up until recently, I was using a MFD called "Mission pause MFD" by Gunner_CAF over at the old MSC forums.

What it does is to automatically perform a time acceleration at a rate of your choosing to a user specified GET, and pause the sim.

I've found this MFD extremely useful since most of us don't have 150+ hours to sit through the various Apollo missions in real-time. Even at 10x or 20x, 1 mission is going to take a significant amount of time at the computer. Especially if you end up missing a significant event, and having to revert to a state 10 hours earlier in the mission.

Now, I say I've used it until recently because with the latest builds of NASSP 8, the MFD no longer reads the GET from the sim, nor does it work with the LM. I'm pretty sure those who are still flying on NASSP 7 will find this useful.

http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=2340.0;wap2

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I recompiled that MFD against the latest Orbiter API/Orbiter Sound etc. Does this work for you? If yes, then NASSP didn't break that MFD, probably just some issue with working in Orbiter 2016.

Attachments

• MtimerNew.zip
    232.1 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
I was going to ask you to put it on OH for those who don't use NASSP, then I read this:
Gunner_CAF said:
...This MFD only works for Project Apollo because it uses the GET clock...

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh yeah, it directly looks at the mission time of either the Saturn (CSM), Crawler or LM class. Definitely not usable for anything else. Would be really easy to adapt though. Just needs to check sim time, system time or MJD instead of anything NASSP specific.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
If this plugin requires some rewrite anyway, one suggestion I would make is to implement it as a generic module with a dialog interface, rather than an MFD. MFDs should be limited to actual spacecraft systems rather than overall simulator control. It somewhat breaks the immersion otherwise.

Majid

Reaction score
Oh yeah, it directly looks at the mission time of either the Saturn (CSM), Crawler or LM class. Definitely not usable for anything else. Would be really easy to adapt though. Just needs to check sim time, system time or MJD instead of anything NASSP specific.

Cool MFD. Removed all NASSP dependencies, bumped up MaxA to 100000, added some logic to reduce time acceleration close to MET to prevent overshoot.

YXtJS7a.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

If this plugin requires some rewrite anyway, one suggestion I would make is to implement it as a generic module with a dialog interface, rather than an MFD. MFDs should be limited to actual spacecraft systems rather than overall simulator control. It somewhat breaks the immersion otherwise.

I on the other hand don't like the dialog interface at all because for me it breaks immersion and prefer to do everything with MFD's... To each his own. I love MFD's and think they are awesome for controlling all aspects of the simulation.

MrFickles

Reaction score
Wow. The wonders that this community performs. Less than 24h after sharing and someone already gets it working with any ship on Orbiter

Sverige

Reaction score
I recompiled that MFD against the latest Orbiter API/Orbiter Sound etc. Does this work for you? If yes, then NASSP didn't break that MFD, probably just some issue with working in Orbiter 2016.

hmm, does not work for me. I activate the module but it does not appear in MFD

Majid

Reaction score
Does this one work for you? (NOTE: This is NASSP independent and doesn't use NASSP GET.)

Attachments

• mtimer.zip
    78.5 KB · Views: 218

MrFickles

Reaction score
Majid, your one works flawlessly.

However, I have the same problem as Sverige, the one with NASSP dependency doesn't show up as an MFD after activating.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmm, no idea what the problem would be. But I did remove some dependencies and fixed up the Visual Studio project. It works for me (it did before), does it work for you now? Any error in the Orbiter log or so?

MrFickles

Reaction score
Hmm, no idea what the problem would be. But I did remove some dependencies and fixed up the Visual Studio project. It works for me (it did before), does it work for you now? Any error in the Orbiter log or so?

No idea what I did, but it works now.

Sverige

Reaction score
000014.393: ============================ ERROR: ===========================
000014.393: Failed loading module Modules\Plugin\MtimerMFD.dll (code 126)
000014.393: [Orbiter::LoadModule | ..\Orbiter.cpp | 606]
000014.393: ===============================================================

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No idea what I did, but it works now.

Maybe I didn't phrase it right, but I had updated the files in the post above. So that might be why it works now. :thumbup:

Sverige

Reaction score
Still not working for me. I activate the module but it does not appear in MFD but the NASSP-independent one works fine :thumbup:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Maybe you need the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio 2017"

Sverige

Reaction score
I have now :thumbup: but still do not work :-(. However, it is no problem, the old NASSP-independent one works fine.

Majid

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, there is a new keybind SHIFT + E to set time acceleration by inputting it instead of incrementing/decrementing.

MrFickles

Reaction score
Sorry to bring an old thread back, but I've recently migrated to a new system and it seems I have the same issue as Sverige.

mtimer.dll activated under modules, but not showing up as an MFD.

What are the requirements (if any) to get the MFD to show up?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Good news everyone, MrFickles managed to fix the MFD! I tweaked some of his Visual Studio files and now it hopefully should work for everyone, including the source code. The MFD is attached to this post, it was build and tested with the Orbiter Beta and NASSP 8 only. The source code should be buildable in any Orbiter and NASSP version though.

Attachments

• MissionTimerMFD.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 204