Misterious stationary flashes captured by allsky camera

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
That looks about as fake as it come; I do Astrophotography ALL the time and have never seen anything like this.
The clearness of the "flash" compaired to the grainy remainder of the sky convinces me it's a man made enhancement of the video.
FAKE !!:cheers:

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
An aircraft bottom light flash?

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
After downloading the 640x480 video and running it in an endless loop I can say some things:
The four extra markings are artificial, sure. But that's what those automatic survey cams do... no prove of fake.
Regarding the "grainy"ness: It's more a video-codec problem (downsizing artefact) of YouTube...I would not call it "fake".

Nevertheless I would check for something more 'close' to earth ;)
Like a car that comes around the corner. You might just not be able to see the "source", because it is maybe somewhere at the top of the video...
Fish-Optics (Spheric glass) can make veeeery strange reflections/refractions.
My guess is: It's not a fake, but it's also nothing from too far away.

I am curious what will be the outcome.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score

MachJok

Reaction score
What about anything in a molniya orbit? that takes about 24 hrs and can be done away from the eq plane.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
From YouTube, posted 4 hours ago:
desertengineer1 said:
Hi All - UPDATE. I got a lot of replies from many high-caliber techies across the globe. Awesome! Based on some detective work with various apps and orbital data, the MOST LIKELY candidate for this event is KIKU-7, or ETS-7. Although information is sparse, it is most likely dead with a slow rotation, and was near perogee over the Southern Midwest USA at the time. It also has a history of flares around the globe.