Project Multistage2015 - Development Thread

crisbeta

Reaction score
In the example above, if you overwrite the SLS.ini (please make a back-up :) ), the mesh will not show. Also the camera is having hard time to find the position and some times the target distance is 1AU.
Is it occurring to you also?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So should the crawler be able to pick up any tower?
I made a quick scenario just having the SLS tower and crawler in 2016. But I can't get the crawler to move.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71242599/CRAWLERTOWER.SCN
towercrawler.jpg

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
In the example above, if you overwrite the SLS.ini (please make a back-up :) ), the mesh will not show. Also the camera is having hard time to find the position and some times the target distance is 1AU.
Is it occurring to you also?

I found the issue, it was an arbitrary "-5" left in the SetSize call. I never noticed using big sizes. I'll post an updated version of the whole addon tonight and that will be solved.

So should the crawler be able to pick up any tower?
I made a quick scenario just having the SLS tower and crawler in 2016. But I can't get the crawler to move.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71242599/CRAWLERTOWER.SCN
towercrawler.jpg

To move the crawler just use the arrow keys. If you want to have the tower on the pad I suggest to build a new mesh with everything on and use it in the config file of the crawler, I think it's explained in the small doc I added to the pre release.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So to move the crawler Do I use the keypad arrow keys?

I will see about adding the tower to the config

I got the crawler to move using the arrow keys not keypad keys.

On the tower. So the tower wouldn't be animated if I make a new mesh. Is there a way to attach the tower to the crawler?

Last edited:

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ok,
update at the SAME LINK

the news:
(1) Delete buttons in the DMD should now work properly (but only if you press the "save" button at the root of the relevant section). It might be a bit buggy, it was pretty hard to implement, must be tested to see if it's worth it.
(2) Bug highlighted by longjap of stage engines not automatically written by DMD should now be solved
(3) Added a new item in the stage section, "Linear_isp", as asked by crisbeta, but works only in the ini file, no DMD item was added for this.
(4) Bug highlighted by crisbeta for "small meshes" should now be solved.
(5) Added the PadModule call (also in the DMD) to the ini file. This could be crucial for addon developing: you can build your own launchpad module and use that instead of the ghost default one.
(6) in order to get useful data from the multistage rocket (i.e. to sync the custom pad or a payload autopilot) I implemented also some clbkGeneric responses:
Code:
msgid=VMSG_USER, prm=1  to obtain the MET (double)
msgid=VMSG_USER, prm=2 to obtain the Autopilot status (bool, active or inactive)
msgid=VMSG_USER, prm=3 to obtain Orbit Program autopilot targets (VECTOR3, x=target apogee, y=target perigee, z=target inclination)
(7) added to the crawler config file also the Pad_Module option, so instead of a dead launchpad it is possible to have an active launchpad also moved by crawler (not sure if it works 100% perfectly, but it should).
(8) Added a new section of the DMD which in a few clicks allows to create a default scenario launch for the rocket, this should help to avoid issues when trying to modify some autosaved scenarios.

Relevant to the inclination equation it's very hard to rewrite it, I'll probably save this for a future version, still it should be quite rare to have issues with this.
Relevant to the Orion LES I honestly think that it should be solved through the orion code, or through some trick with it, I don't think I can do much with MS2015. But I'll help with that once this has been released(i.e. with a lua script)

If this works as expected I'm planning just to update scenarios and documentation and to add no more features, since I also want to release this shortly, and if I keep adding stuff this will never be over.

Let me know, :tiphat:
Fred

On the tower. So the tower wouldn't be animated if I make a new mesh. Is there a way to attach the tower to the crawler?
see point 7 above

crisbeta

Reaction score
(3) and (4) tested and works as expected :)

Did you change the DMD window to be resizable?

I agree to stop adding stuff in this stage. This add-on will unlock many other add-ons based on vinka's multistage and Orbiter 2010 Multistage2015.

Thank you for your work on this excellent add-on :tiphat:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I would suggest that you at least bring the Multistage 2015 for Orbiter 2010 up to the 2015 11 03 standard on the "official" Orbiter Hangar d/l:

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=518995&postcount=28

The version on Orbiter Hangar now (2015 10 27) still has the bugs in the particle stream definitions.

Just a little bump on this issue since there have been at least 3 add-ons released this month that have included the bugged version of Multistage 2015 for Orbiter 2010.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just a little bump on this issue since there have been at least 3 add-ons released this month that have included the bugged version of Multistage 2015 for Orbiter 2010.

I know, you're surely right. That's one of the reasons why i want to close this asap (hopefully this weekend). Then I was thinking of basically throw away the old code and get this new one back to the 2010 version changing only what is strictly needed, it would be much faster this way. And even if some small bugs are found they can be solved later on in a future release, but at least it should go to OH now

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I downloaded the update. I am not sure how you attach a new tower.

I can raise my tower so the Crawler can fit. One thing that I have thought about is adding an attachment point to the pad so a crawler could climb up the hill

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I know, you're surely right. That's one of the reasons why i want to close this asap (hopefully this weekend). Then I was thinking of basically throw away the old code and get this new one back to the 2010 version changing only what is strictly needed, it would be much faster this way. And even if some small bugs are found they can be solved later on in a future release, but at least it should go to OH now

I think it would be perfectly acceptable to just have the bugfixes in the Orbiter 2010 version and have all the new goodies be exclusively Orbiter 2016 features. But, it's up to you.

Interceptor

Reaction score
I think you should release the orbiter 2010 bug fix version with all the features in the orbiter 2016,but that's just my opinion.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Actually i want to surely fix the 2010P1 version, but at the same time i don't want to lose my mind on it, so i want to see which way is quicker. If throwing away the old code and use the updated one, with the few adjustments needed works and goes easily I'll follow this path and the old version will be basically identical to the new one. If instead doing this will be an issue, i'll fix the old bugs and that's it!

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi fred18,can you please give an example of how to attach an active launchpad such as gattispilot SLS launch tower used with Longjap SLS updated?Thanks

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If you want to use it in a common scenario just use the "pad_module" call of the misc section. If you want to move the pad with the crawler as well you have to put the "pad_module=name of your pad module" call inside the config file of the crawler

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am a bit confused.
In the MS Crawler.cfg I have this:
ClassName=MS_Crawler
Module=MS_Crawler

Speed=0.833 ;Translational Speed m/s
AngSpeed=1.5 ;Angular Speed deg/s

;Pad_Mesh=Multistage2015\MS_Pad\MS_Pad ;Mesh of the Launch Pad
Pad_Module=slstower2

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What confuses you? that should be ok

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ok. So how do I then get the crawler to move the pad?
What does not work?

If you setup the scenario with the crawler does the pad appears properly and attached to the crawler? When you move the crawler does the pad move with it? Or does the crawler move around without the pad?

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I'm getting a CTD if I change the number of boosters from 2 to 3. Scenario will even fail to load and CTD if the number of boosters is 3 in the ini file.

Also, burn delay value will not save if you enter 0.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm getting a CTD if I change the number of boosters from 2 to 3. Scenario will even fail to load and CTD if the number of boosters is 3 in the ini file.
Ok, thanks I'll check. Do you update the meshes as well? I mean you have among your meshes the meshname_3.msh?

Also, burn delay value will not save if you enter 0.

do you mean that if value is different from 0 and you put 0 in the dmd it remains the old value? Or that if you put 0 then you don't find anything in the ini file? If the latter that should be ok, since a non specified value will be assumed as 0