Project Multistage2015 - Development Thread

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
"Bug" in description: "This version is for Orbiter 2010P1" ;)
:rofl:

Thanks! corrected now

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

The 2010P1 version has been updated with all the new features as well.

It actually took me 5 minutes to get the code back. I made a quick test and it seems to work quite fine.

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6838"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6838[/ame]

Interceptor

Reaction score
Awesome thanks fred18 for your hard work it's very much appreciated,To bad,I am evacuated from a hurricane,so when,I return home again,I can enjoy this,and that's great news about all the same features for orbiter 2010 also.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Also congratulations !!!

Fred, Is it possible to have the escape pod as the LES, ala Blue Origin and Dragon2 ?

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Also congratulations !!!

Fred, Is it possible to have the escape pod as the LES, ala Blue Origin and Dragon2 ?

Thanks. :tiphat:

I think it's very possible, using the "live" payload option opens up a world of opportunities. It should be coded within the addon anyway, should not be in the code of MS2015, at least IMHO

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Can you be in a VC during launch ?

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Can you be in a VC during launch ?

absolutely yes.

try this:
take the SLS.ini file, go to the payload_1 section, change the module to Deltaglider, add live=1 and comment out the fairing section (simply add ; so it will look like ;[FAIRING], just there).

then open the scenario, get into the DG (using F3), go to the VC, open up the MS2015 MFD, and input as Ref Vessel "SLS". you will be able to launch from there and control the rocket within the DG cockpit!

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
absolutely yes.

try this:
take the SLS.ini file, go to the payload_1 section, change the module to Deltaglider, add live=1 and comment out the fairing section (simply add ; so it will look like ;[FAIRING], just there).

then open the scenario, get into the DG (using F3), go to the VC, open up the MS2015 MFD, and input as Ref Vessel "SLS". you will be able to launch from there and control the rocket within the DG cockpit!

That might have been a good example to include in the download package.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That might have been a good example to include in the download package.

I know. I also thought of building an adapter for this scenario, but i was really too tired and willing to let this go public. I'll add some examples in a while :cheers:

Longjap

Reaction score
Fred, are the thrust parameters KN in vac? And what about the ISP indicator?

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
yes, all in vac, there is an option for sealevel values (thanks to rcraig42) there are two items in the stage section (maybe I forgot to add them in the docs, I'll fix that in case) which are:
Code:
isp_sl = reference isp at sea level
pressure_sl = reference pressure at sea level

they are not in the DMD, they are editable only directly in the ini file (since it's quite a niche of people who might be willing to use them)

Longjap

Reaction score
Oops. The SLS is a little underperforming. :)

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hey fred18,I found a bug when setting the rocket venting it seems you can't change the vector when using multistage2015 in orbiter 2016 release using the default renderer it always looks the same,no matter if you change the vector numbers,but when using the D3d9 client the vector settings are working fine,and you can see the changes.Thanks

Last edited:

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hey fred18,I found a bug when setting the rocket venting it seems you can't change the vector when using multistage2015 in orbiter 2016 release using the default renderer it always looks the same,no matter if you change the vector numbers,but when using the D3d9 client the vector settings are working fine,and you can see the changes.Thanks

Have you checked if the wind is moving the smoke? I thought I had a similar issue with venting once, then I found out that the wind was blowing so I couldn't see the changes, but they were there, it was just the wind blowing the smoke

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
hi Fred

I have a question : does the command "=PlaySound(<path/file>.wav)" works with Orbiter 2016 ? (in a guidance file).

I can't hear sounds...

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
hi Fred

I have a question : does the command "=PlaySound(<path/file>.wav)" works with Orbiter 2016 ? (in a guidance file).

I can't hear sounds...

Hi jacques,

not yet: orbiter sound is ready to be implemented but it will not be until orbiter sound for orbiter2016 comes out.

By (my) mistake also in 2010 is not implemented at the moment. I will add orbiter sound to both 2010 and 2016 as soon as the new version will be out.

I have to say that I don't know how long will it be from dansteph, if it takes too long I'll add it with the current version, I'll just wait a bit more.

:cheers: