News Neil Armstrong gives a rare interview

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score
That is rare.

It's usually his old partner, Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, that seem to get all these different media appearances. I even remember Edwin showing up in Sesame Street. :)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
That is rare.

It's usually his old partner, Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, that seem to get all these different media appearances. I even remember Edwin showing up in Sesame Street. :)

I remember that a Nat Geo documentary said that he hid away due to a conversation with Limbergh who said that fame will do horrible things to a person. I like that he comes out of his shell once in a while, and provides the ages with his own perspective.

Mantis

Reaction score
I remember that a Nat Geo documentary said that he hid away due to a conversation with Limbergh who said that fame will do horrible things to a person. I like that he comes out of his shell once in a while, and provides the ages with his own perspective.

Armstrong had always been known as a very private person who hated the spotlight. Even if you watch old pre-mission films, you can see that he doesn't say a lot and is very economical with his words. Buzz Aldrin, on the other hand, was always far more outgoing and outspoken.

I am presently reading the book "Rocket Men: The Epic Story of the First Men on the Moon" and it provides a very detailed and fascinating look into what was going on behind the scenes in the days before, during and after the Apollo 11 landings. I just finished the chapter that dealt with the "First man out controversy" which was based, in large part on the personality differences between Neil and Buzz. It's a really good read that I highly recommend.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I remember reading that book a few years ago. Man, it was good, and I remember that chapter you just finished. ;)

FADEC

Reaction score
It's a rare interview, while Vanessa Stoykov is more interesting to look at.