New version of the galactic map

tofitouf

son excellence
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Hello dear orbinauts from around the world.

I've posted a brand new version of my little galactic map.

Here :
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3992"]Map 3D MFD v0.5a[/ame]

No major changes, just corrections of the main interface.
Menus is auto hidden, better button position and a better way to zoom using Shift +/- keys.

but for the rest it's the same as before.

Any comment and bug report is rewarded.
Tanks in advance and good trip to the star.
I Hope I can help you a little bit :)

Tofitouf

Voyager_VI

Sailor Tim
Reaction score
Really like this MFD, but I wonder if it would be possible to create the ability to rotate/pan the display using the left mouse button and zooming in/out with the mouse wheel as well as using the arrow keys? Pretty much like the mouse will do now in the virtual cockpit.

tofitouf

son excellence
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Really like this MFD, but I wonder if it would be possible to create the ability to rotate/pan the display using the left mouse button and zooming in/out with the mouse wheel as well as using the arrow keys? Pretty much like the mouse will do now in the virtual cockpit.

In fact it is not easy to do, because I don't really now when the mouse is over the MFD. There is nothing in the oribter api to do that.
For the moment I've respected the whole api to be the more compatible as possible. But there are work around. One of them is to extract the mfd from the view and have it's own window.
I've think about it for a while, I'd like to have a huge display size. And in that mode I'll receive the mouse input.

Perhaps I'll have the time to do it, perhaps not.

Thanks for the review

ThatGuy

Reaction score
In fact it is not easy to do, because I don't really now when the mouse is over the MFD. There is nothing in the oribter api to do that.
For the moment I've respected the whole api to be the more compatible as possible. But there are work around. One of them is to extract the mfd from the view and have it's own window.
I've think about it for a while, I'd like to have a huge display size. And in that mode I'll receive the mouse input.

Perhaps I'll have the time to do it, perhaps not.

Thanks for the review

What about rotation/pan/zoom with other buttons, such as Shift+WASD for rotation Shift+Q/E for zoom etc?

tofitouf

son excellence
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
What about rotation/pan/zoom with other buttons, such as Shift+WASD for rotation Shift+Q/E for zoom etc?

You can already do it using the Numeric Pad keys.
1-3 Y axis
4-6 Z axis
8 - 2 X axis
(- / +) Zoom

But perhaps it's disturbing. I'll add an option for choosing differents key configurations.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
You can already do it using the Numeric Pad keys.
1-3 Y axis
4-6 Z axis
8 - 2 X axis
(- / +) Zoom

But perhaps it's disturbing. I'll add an option for choosing differents key configurations.

Oh, I did not know that.