Science Number of sex partners in your life

How many girflriends have you had before??

• -0-

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • 1-3

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • 4-7

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • 8-12

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 13+

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hmm, not in her case, probably.

Oh believe me, the contradicting sample has still to be found. :lol:

Only because somebody likes to eat, this doesn't make them better cooks.

Sar

Reaction score
I think sex is way too casual nowadays, In my opinion it should be for two people who really are connected in a higher level/in love/what ever. I personally wouldn't touch a girl who'd be ready to put out in the first/second/third date. I don't know why but I'm a bit old fashioned this way (I'm only 24 old)

For the sake of statistic, I did answer and I answered three.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I can never stand that kind of thing. I don't want to let anyone know mine, and I sure don't want to know anyone else's.

I agree. I will not answer this poll because it's intrusive and relates to something private. My wife knows about my past and she is the only one who needs to know.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My personal experience there: Dogs that bark don't bite. :lol: (...)

you haven't met my girlfriend/wife's daschund - that one does both, and is also very good at it :lol:....

and no shame in saying, girlfriend/wife count = one -- you know... that one that has the daschund :hmm:

yes, despite my forays into a rock-star carreer, that's one side of the stereotype i didn't really go for....

quality over quantity any time, friends! - once you find a girl whose favourite movie genre is "zombies" - you stick with her :thumbup: :salute:

cheerz!

Sar

Reaction score
you haven't met my girlfriend/wife's daschund - that one does both, and is also very good at it :lol:....

and no shame in saying, girlfriend/wife count = one -- you know... that one that has the daschund :hmm:

yes, despite my forays into a rock-star carreer, that's one side of the stereotype i didn't really go for....

quality over quantity any time, friends! - once you find a girl whose favourite movie genre is "zombies" - you stick with her :thumbup: :salute:

cheerz!

Reminds me of my first date with my wife, I asked her out with a line that was something like this: "If you don't have anything better to do than laundry; why not come here, we'll drink some beer and we watch rocky horror picture show?"

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Reminds me of my first date with my wife, I asked her out with a line that was something like this: "If you don't have anything better to do than laundry; why not come here, we'll drink some beer and we watch rocky horror picture show?"

sounds like a keeeper to me :thumbup::cheers:

Keatah

Reaction score
I won't take part here, the poll isn't anonymous and I have the strict policy that my sexual activity is my private business. Private as in "That is something that not even my mother needs to know about."

There could be worse things! Like getting "found out" by gramma and grampa whom would just so happen to have no discretion.. Then word starts rolling through your extended family and soon you get looked at strangely whenever there's family functions.

Proudly, just one, and that is my wife. ;)

Make that a "1" for me as well. Everybody knows it anyways. So no big deal blowing it all over the forums.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Strange to hear that in today's cultural atmosphere someone's sexual activity is really his/her private business and an intimate thing. One girl I know tells that she talks so much about sex because it stopped being a private thing for her a long time ago.

..Outputs measured in...what.. kilo-watts? Mega-watts?

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There could be worse things! Like getting "found out" by gramma and grampa whom would just so happen to have no discretion.. Then word starts rolling through your extended family and soon you get looked at strangely whenever there's family functions.

You may laugh, but that is exactly what happened with my first girlfriend, 18 years ago. :lol:

Extended family in this case includes the whole village (there are really enough family relations there to make you only feel safe of incest by going at least 5 villages further). Which is only embarrassing for the first day. On the second day you have the "Yeah, that is true. What are you going to do against it? You and which army?" attitude.

But still, it is one reason for me to have some discretion in my sexual life, not because I am afraid of people finding out about it (How shocking!), but rather the ideal that this is nothing that these people need to know, and that my girlfriend or ex-girlfriend might not be feeling comfortable with it.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
... two points on everyone's fingers ticked off. ;) :lol:

You know, there are only 10 people in the world, those who can count in binary and those who can not. :lol::cheers:

Also, I could also just have forgotten to type the "s" behind ex-girlfriends, but psssssst... also why stop them from getting on the wrong path about me, that keeps them busy and prevents them from researching properly.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Also, I could also just have forgotten to type the "s" behind ex-girlfriends, but psssssst... also why stop them from getting on the wrong path about me, that keeps them busy and prevents them from researching properly.
You admit that there is material out there on the subject to be researched? :lol:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Call me old fashioned, but who cares?

N.

Mister Kite

&#%!@?!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The law of mister K:

The number of times you talk about how many girlfriends you had in the past, is inversely proportional to the number of times you will have one in the future.
Leaving out the age factor of course.

(This is a science thread, right?)

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't touch a girl who'd be ready to put out in the first/second/third date.
In my books - if you have chemistry why wait? I checked everyone out before I met them, to be fair with my allergies not checking out can cause some rather embarrassing visits to the Doctor.
My wife knows about my past and she is the only one who needs to know.
And I'm still learning about his exploits!
once you find a girl whose favourite movie genre is "zombies" - you stick with her
Supernatural beings, aliens, lab experiments gone wrong - I'm there. Big action/fantasy/sci fi/horror/thriller fan here.

Now this poll discriminates against so many people - I've never had a girlfriend, only boyfriends and a husband. Most people who visit the chatrooms know I'm fairly open about everything in my life - but I'd never put anything personal on a forum!

Mister Mxyzptlk

Reaction score
I think that it is really peculiar that we all eat food and it is a major topic, we drink spirits and that too is a major topic. But a function that is responsible for the continued existence of not just humankind but all life on the planet, something that is practised by everyone, excepting those unable or those who by vows of celibacy abstain, is considered taboo to talk about by many.

In these days where almost every problem we face is the result of overpopulation pressure, sex is still a verboten subject. It is like the elephant in the room nobody wants to admit they see. People think their sex life is some kind of sacred cow, like what they do sexually is so unique compared to everybody else that they refuse to talk about it on the grounds that it is "too personal". Well, let clue you in on something: we all do it pretty much the same, just like we all eat pretty much the same and we all defecate pretty much the same.

So why all the secrecy about some peoples sex lives? I'll posit a theory or two. First, I think that people who are reluctant to talk about it either are still laboring under the culturally inculcated idea that sex is "dirty" or "nasty" or even "sacred" at the other end of the spectrum, or they fear that they are inadequate compared to others and don't want to reveal that, or that they are "perverted" and definately don't want people finding that out.

Well let me reiterate: Whoever you are, your sex life isn't special or sacred or dirty or perverted or inadequate. It just is what it is, and if you can't or don't want to talk about it, you need to look deeper. It is a basic biological function and as such doesn't deserve to be relegated to any level other than that, neither "sacred" nor "dirty". The sooner we as a species come to accept all our biological functions, and be able to discuss them in a mature thoughtful manner, the sooner we will come to realize our true role in the ecosystem and act accordingly to bring about a better world.

Communication, true and honest communication is the key to peace and harmony.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You admit that there is material out there on the subject to be researched? :lol:

I am pretty sure, at least of the last x girlfriends, with x being a prime number below 17, there should be tiny traces in the WWW that somebody with enough time and a lack of a girlfriend of his own could research.

The pre-Internet days on the other hand...well... there should be maybe women who will answer "No, no, no, never again." :lol:

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Whilst I admire people who can openly discuss their sex lives, heck I do it myself, there is a time and a place for discussing it. As there is a time and place to discuss....the horrors of labour, or the attrocities committed by people or how often I need to sneeze.

There are many reasons why somone does not openly discuss a topic. Some things are not openly discussed as it makes others uncomfortable, some are not discussed as it is something that makes you feel special. I certainly do not think intercourse is dirty, perverted or inadequate, but it is special and sacred with the right person. It is special to me, if it wasn't why would I do it?

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You know... sex is not a 'biological function'. Reproduction is a biological function and it is naturally achieved through sexual intercourse.

Sexuality is too driven by biology, but is something totally different. It is personal and it is driven by psychology.

Of course it is sacred. It is a very large part of the human experience. And of course it is different for everyone, the human population is not identical. Treating the biological phenomena as synonymous with sexuality as a whole is pretty short-sighted... in the modern age reproduction is almost entirely seperated from sexuality, and is a totally different issue. I would go as far as to say that it is actually a surprisingly minor part of sexuality.

Whether people do or do not want to divulge their sex lives is their issue, but society will not fall apart if they do or if they don't.

This thread both amuses and perplexes me. For one I find the 'Science' tag in front of what is essentially "How many people have you been with?" to be quite amusing, on the other hand I both wonder what sort of notions people come to such a discussion with, and also leave it with. Do I care about how many partners anyone has had? I honestly couldn't care less, as long as people have been safe and ethical in their 'pursuits'.

I will, however, divulge one thing: The number of sexual partners I have had is exactly identical to the number of STDs I have contracted and the number of illegitimate children I have fathered. :rolleyes:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I will, however, divulge one thing: The number of sexual partners I have had is exactly identical to the number of STDs I have contracted and the number of illegitimate children I have fathered. :rolleyes:

You are from South Africa, so illegitimate children are a matter of tribal pride and party politics and the number of STDs is pretty much fascinatingly large... 175 partners, 5 of them are married to you, the rest had been your wild phase as bachelor? :lol: ;)

825 children more and you would be qualified for Zulu king.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Heheh, yeah... if every citizen had a Rand for each one of Jacob Zuma's children, SA would probably be one of the richest countries on Earth. :lol:

It is bad enough that he has three or four wives (I've lost count :p), but he also has an entourage of other partners...

Imagine the trouble when he has to pick a 'first lady' for overseas visits! :rofl: