Gaming O-F Dedicated FSX Server

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The server is currently offline for some unscheduled maintenance (and the physical server is in pieces in my living room) while I wait for a part to arrive. It's been having issues staying up the past couple weeks, and I'm hoping this will resolve it. I expect the server to be back up by early next week at the latest. Hopefully it'll be working fully at that point, but that remains to be seen.

I'll update this thread when it's back up.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The server is currently offline for some unscheduled maintenance (and the physical server is in pieces in my living room) while I wait for a part to arrive. It's been having issues staying up the past couple weeks, and I'm hoping this will resolve it. I expect the server to be back up by early next week at the latest. Hopefully it'll be working fully at that point, but that remains to be seen.

I'll update this thread when it's back up.
Server should be back online--let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
when i have time i can play atc?
That's all right with me? (is that a question?)

If you want to get other people on the FSX server, the best place to start is the Orbiter IRC. People don't often hang out on the FSX server, but we're all usually on the IRC.

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
This sounds like a lot of fun. Are there any sotware requirementsother than the delux pack to be able to play?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is the server up today? I can't connect.
I'll check when I get home in a couple hours. It should be up, but it's possible it's having issues again :(

This sounds like a lot of fun. Are there any sotware requirementsother than the delux pack to be able to play?
You shouldn't even need Deluxe--as long as you have SP2 or Acceleration, you should be fine.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Seems to work fine here :thumbup: no problems with connecting

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Seems to work fine here :thumbup: no problems with connecting
Thanks for checking, Woo!

Supersonic: At what point are you having trouble connecting? The steps you're using and where you're running into problems might be useful.

I suspect that you may be behind a router and need to forward the necessary ports, that your firewall is blocking FSX from connecting, or that you don't have SP2 or Acceleration.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
acceleration too? or just fsx possibly we could set up a race one time or search and rescue

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
acceleration too? or just fsx possibly we could set up a race one time or search and rescue
The problem with setting up races is that the server has to be restarted in order to do that, and as soon as the race is over the server has to be restarted again. Plus, it's a moot point anyway since the server doesn't have a copy of Acceleration :p

We could always have races which we moderate ourselves (perhaps by requiring each contestant to take a screenshot of themselves within x distance of a specified location for each "waypoint"), but I wanted the server to be more of a "free-form" sort of thing than constantly trying to restart it with missions.

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
ok, well, I downloaded and installed the carrier. Do I need to be in multiplayer to access it? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the menu and there don't seem to be any instructions in the manual about how to actually put it in a scenario.

supersonic

Add-on Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
fsxpilots.webs.com
Thanks for checking, Woo!

Supersonic: At what point are you having trouble connecting? The steps you're using and where you're running into problems might be useful.

I suspect that you may be behind a router and need to forward the necessary ports, that your firewall is blocking FSX from connecting, or that you don't have SP2 or Acceleration.
Ohh, That would be the problem.
Thanks.

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
ok, following the instructions on page 1 of this thread, I cannot connect. Is the server up atm or is it just me?

Shinrar

Reaction score
ok, following the instructions on page 1 of this thread, I cannot connect. Is the server up atm or is it just me?

Hey - I'm sitting in the IRC room and ATC seems to be connected to it, flying all about the globe. It seems to be something on your end. :\

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
ok, well, I downloaded and installed the carrier. Do I need to be in multiplayer to access it? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the menu and there don't seem to be any instructions in the manual about how to actually put it in a scenario.
Do you have Acceleration? Acceleration is required for the FSN carrier.

Also note that there is no way to "put it in a scenario" in single-player. The carrier is designed to be driven by one player in a multiplayer session.

If you want to add carriers to a single-player session, you should use AICarriers. Note that this will *not* work in multiplayer.

Checklist:
Do you have Acceleration or SP2? If not, download SP2.
Do you have the necessary ports forwarded on the router?
Do you have the firewall allowing FSX through?

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Do you have Acceleration? Acceleration is required for the FSN carrier.

Also note that there is no way to "put it in a scenario" in single-player. The carrier is designed to be driven by one player in a multiplayer session.

If you want to add carriers to a single-player session, you should use AICarriers. Note that this will *not* work in multiplayer.

Checklist:
Do you have Acceleration or SP2? If not, download SP2.
Do you have the necessary ports forwarded on the router?
Do you have the firewall allowing FSX through?

Whre can I download SP2 at, and is it free to download? Do i need both SP2 AND acceleration to connect to the server? Also, do I need SP1 to install sp2

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Ok, got it figured out now. Now I just need to learn to fly :)

Last edited:

FSXHD

Heterotroph
Donator
Reaction score
I'll be happy to help you out. Just PM me and we can set up a time to fly.