Gaming O-F Dedicated FSX Server

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:rofl:he thought i was joking when i showed him the defult 737 so he bought the leveld 767 and showed me how to use the fmc and all the stuff

billclinton

Reaction score
That's a good way to learn, but I recommend changing the aircraft periodically, so you get used to different types. Work your way up, starting with the 172. That's what I'm doing, and I'm currently learning the Bombardier Learjet

haha if you want to learn how to fly use a plane that has man marbles! the 747! haha i did tought myself how to do basically every trick i know it takin off from the 2 mile runway next to my house(chennault int check it out lots of runway very good for n00bs and experinced people as well

btw is this server still up and how do you get to the IRC

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I finally was able to do a normal online activation after months.
I stopped to fly in FSX after I got Windows 7 in November 2009,
now it seems to be a whole new experience with my new
wide screen (of course with a lower FPS, time for a new GPU).

When do all of you usually fly? Is the normal session as mentioned
in the first post still at 1900 GMT Saturday?

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I finally was able to do a normal online activation after months.
I stopped to fly in FSX after I got Windows 7 in November 2009,
now it seems to be a whole new experience with my new
wide screen (of course with a lower FPS, time for a new GPU).

When do all of you usually fly? Is the normal session as mentioned
in the first post still at 1900 GMT Saturday?
The server's a pretty empty place, usually. I don't think anyone gets on anymore.

Probably doesn't help that I've been having connectivity issues keeping it up, but there hasn't been much interest lately.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Vatsim is always available and there is tonnes of places were there is no atc and the servers are never down.

pluss i atc on vatsim at a small airport so we could get together one day and do circuits or vfr around the airport

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Its always good to have a dedicated server in place for those who don't have time to commit to learning VATSIM procedures. VATSIM shouldn't replace a dedicated server.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
True but still think about it you dont have to put up a server then and you have all the single player features too. pluss if there is no atc around you can do what ever you want but again you are right vatsim is more of a place for virtual airline flights

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
True but still think about it you dont have to put up a server then and you have all the single player features too. pluss if there is no atc around you can do what ever you want but again you are right vatsim is more of a place for virtual airline flights
Vatsim also doesn't offer the ability to change what time it is, if we (for example) want to do a daytime flight. Vatsim controllers would probably also not be particularly happy if we were to hop in F/A-18s and buzz through downtown Seattle.

I'm not saying that Vatsim is bad, but it doesn't serve the casual-meetings purpose that my dedicated server does.

The server will remain down through tomorrow evening for some additional maintenance that's come up. After that, it'll be back up and should stay up from that point on.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The server will remain down through tomorrow evening for some additional maintenance that's come up. After that, it'll be back up and should stay up from that point on.
Server is back up and should remain that way. I may need to restart it at some point tonight to fix real-world weather (the weather server was down earlier), but other than that I have no planned downtime.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Cool i'm getting on now. With my hyper sonic S4. (somneone please be on)

Last edited:

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Vatsim also doesn't offer the ability to change what time it is, if we (for example) want to do a daytime flight. Vatsim controllers would probably also not be particularly happy if we were to hop in F/A-18s and buzz through downtown Seattle.

I'm not saying that Vatsim is bad, but it doesn't serve the casual-meetings purpose that my dedicated server does.

Actually as a vatsim controller myself we do not mind if people are in f18s just not mach 3 at 300 feet etc if you are clear of class B airspace we generaly dont care what you do and you can change the weather/time if you use cavok weather pre installed with fsinn (vatsim client) it just makes skys clear and bright

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Actually as a vatsim controller myself we do not mind if people are in f18s just not mach 3 at 300 feet etc

Wheres the fun in that? :lol:

PS: I'm currently flying a helicopter in the OF server if anyone is up for a short flight. :)

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I'll join, I guess.
EDIT: Dang, it says I can't connect.

Last edited:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
It's probably something to do with what ports I have open. I'll see if my dad can open them, then you wanna try again tomorrow night?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Actually as a vatsim controller myself we do not mind if people are in f18s just not mach 3 at 300 feet etc if you are clear of class B airspace we generaly dont care what you do and you can change the weather/time if you use cavok weather pre installed with fsinn (vatsim client) it just makes skys clear and bright
That's nice. You're missing the point.

On my server, no one cares what you do regardless of where you are. Want to buzz the deck at mach 3 at 30 feet in class B airspace? Go for it.

(that said, I don't typically tolerate users being rude or disruptive to other operations on the server, so...yeah)