Gaming O-F Dedicated FSX Server

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
does this server require a fast connection. I have a modem and it's fast but is it compatible?? Also is the mic compatible?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
does this server require a fast connection. I have a modem and it's fast but is it compatible?? Also is the mic compatible?
If you can access the internet through your modem, you can get on the server. However, if you're using dial-up, your experience will be pretty bad, and I wouldn't recommend trying formation flight.

As for voice...if your microphone works for other applications it should work for FSX, but if you're on a slow connection you may have significantly reduced voice quality.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
If you can access the internet through your modem, you can get on the server. However, if you're using dial-up, your experience will be pretty bad, and I wouldn't recommend trying formation flight.

As for voice...if your microphone works for other applications it should work for FSX, but if you're on a slow connection you may have significantly reduced voice quality.

Thank's So much Hielor. Hoping to it soon. But does it have to be gold????

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thank's So much Hielor. Hoping to it soon. But does it have to be gold????
No, you can access the server without having Acceleration installed (in fact, the server isn't even running Acceleration), but you will need FSX SP2.

Without Acceleration, though, you won't be able to see/use the aircraft carriers that we sometimes use on the server.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
No, you can access the server without having Acceleration installed (in fact, the server isn't even running Acceleration), but you will need FSX SP2.

Without Acceleration, though, you won't be able to see/use the aircraft carriers that we sometimes use on the server.

So it would be best to have it but its not necessary. OK thank's:cheers::tiphat:

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I'm up for some flying, if anyone wants to join me. I'll sign in with my Orbiter-Forum name like the rules say, but I want to use a callsign during gameplay :cool:

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I just need to get my service packs installed...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm up for some flying, if anyone wants to join me. I'll sign in with my Orbiter-Forum name like the rules say, but I want to use a callsign during gameplay :cool:
You can have both in FSX multiplayer--on the initial page when you select LAN enter your O-F name as your "Player name," and then once you've joined the session, when you're choosing your aircraft, there's an "ATC Name" box where you can change your call sign / tail number.

---------- Post added 11-07-10 at 01:01 ---------- Previous post was 11-06-10 at 22:22 ----------

Let's try a session at 2000Z (noon PST, 3pm EST) today (Sunday 11/7) on the server--if we have enough people online, I can run ATC at KPAE...although the weather's probably going to be pretty bad. Microphone/headset useful but not required.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
It isn't working for me. I have the correct port range and my internet speed it fine but it says it can't make a connection with host.

Darren

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I'd like to join in on the next session (around 7:00 but I don't really care), but I really can't connect to the server. Any ideas?

Darren

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Turn off firewall? :shrug:

I'm getting on the server right now.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Some screenshots from today's flight:

2010-11-7_23-22-50-40.jpg

2010-11-7_23-23-34-870.jpg

DanM trying to land a T-38 at S86. The SR-71 is just a substitution.

2010-11-7_23-30-20-137.jpg

The most beautiful place for a toilet break...

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna get Acceleration for my Birthday (Thursday 18 November) this week, so if I can figure it out on Friday, I'm up for some F/A-18 or Carrier action this weekend.