Gaming O-F Dedicated FSX Server

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
:) I'm giving myself a crash course (yes, pun intended) in flying again by going cross country. Starting at my home airport here in Juneau, I'm making my way south stopping at every airstrip I come upon along the way. I've made it as far as Wrangell so far. My problem at the moment is that I've since lost the book and the card that came with FSX.

Does anybody have a keyboard map? the only keyboard controls I remember are the flaps:(

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
:) I'm giving myself a crash course (yes, pun intended) in flying again by going cross country. Starting at my home airport here in Juneau, I'm making my way south stopping at every airstrip I come upon along the way. I've made it as far as Wrangell so far. My problem at the moment is that I've since lost the book and the card that came with FSX.

Does anybody have a keyboard map? the only keyboard controls I remember are the flaps:(
You can just go to the "controls" options in settings to see what they are and/or change them.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score

That's a good way to learn, but I recommend changing the aircraft periodically, so you get used to different types. Work your way up, starting with the 172. That's what I'm doing, and I'm currently learning the Bombardier Learjet

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
That's a good way to learn, but I recommend changing the aircraft periodically, so you get used to different types. Work your way up, starting with the 172. That's what I'm doing, and I'm currently learning the Bombardier Learjet

I've been flying the CS172SP because it is the easiest aircraft to fly and the most stable (student pilot friendly), that and the fact that the one time I've actually flown and aircraft, that's what I flew. It seems to be even more stable in flight than the ultralight. Hopefully I'll have a good enough grasp on it by the time I reach Seattle (assuming I don't get hopelessly lost and have to ditch) to be able to try a different aircraft.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

I suppose the next thing I need to learn is navigation. I'm using google earth and vfr for navigation. Unfortunately, the next leg of my journey (Wrangell to Ketchikan) is completely covered with clouds in google earth (and looks like an icefield which it aint) so I can't see the coastline:(

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
If your're flying right now, perhaps we can fly together in multiplayer?

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
I would, but sadly I just got wife aggro; dinnertime, gotta bail for now.

FSXHD

Heterotroph
Donator
Reaction score
One fantastic and highly overlooked aspect of FSX is the Learning Center (and flying lessons). They have many great articles tailored specifically for FSX and its gauges. The flying lessons reinforce the articles. Try them out sometime; they can be a great help. My recommendation for you is to keep flying the C172 until you learn GPS, VOR, and ILS navigation from the Leaning Center and Flying Lessons. Then you could move up to a bigger more complex aircraft.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've been flying the CS172SP because it is the easiest aircraft to fly and the most stable (student pilot friendly), that and the fact that the one time I've actually flown and aircraft, that's what I flew. It seems to be even more stable in flight than the ultralight. Hopefully I'll have a good enough grasp on it by the time I reach Seattle (assuming I don't get hopelessly lost and have to ditch) to be able to try a different aircraft.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

I suppose the next thing I need to learn is navigation. I'm using google earth and vfr for navigation. Unfortunately, the next leg of my journey (Wrangell to Ketchikan) is completely covered with clouds in google earth (and looks like an icefield which it aint) so I can't see the coastline:(
if you want one day i can show you how to operate NAV autopilot it will take you direct or via airways all through autopilot

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
if you want one day i can show you how to operate NAV autopilot it will take you direct or via airways all through autopilot
I don't think you should learn how to use the autopilot until after you've learned how to hand-fly it...

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I would, but sadly I just got wife aggro; dinnertime, gotta bail for now.

Hate when that happens. One reason I don't fly on the server very much anymore. Just about the time I get into it, here comes the wife aggro.

I haven't decided which sound annoys me the most though, wife aggro or murloc aggro... ;)

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Well, I've made it as far as Ketchikan:) Now I've got about another 550nm through British Columbia to get to Seattle:(

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, I've made it as far as Ketchikan:) Now I've got about another 550nm through British Columbia to get to Seattle:(

just as a suggestion this is what i did to learn i took the 737 and did a couple runs from CYVR - vancouver to KSEA -seatle it is a quick and easy one

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
just as a suggestion this is what i did to learn i took the 737 and did a couple runs from CYVR - vancouver to KSEA -seatle it is a quick and easy one

Outside of orbiter i am undergoing basic flight. A 737 is an astonishingly damned complicated piece of aircraft in comparison to a cessna skyhawk and hardly what I would call a beginners aircraft...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
And let me guess, you had the autopilot on the whole time?

The 737 is not a beginner's aircraft. You have to walk before you can run.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
That Cessna road trip Bloodworth is doing sounds like a fun idea, I might try something like that when I get home. Beverly to Tuscon, or do you think that would be too far?

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
I don't know. I'm having issues at the moment. I got to the first major airstrip in BC along my route and went for the final leg to seattle, but I get about 1/3 of the way there and the scenario crashes.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Outside of orbiter i am undergoing basic flight. A 737 is an astonishingly damned complicated piece of aircraft in comparison to a cessna skyhawk and hardly what I would call a beginners aircraft...

it was a little different for me as my dad has alot of experence in the 737-800 as he is a pilot for alaska air. and me i have experence in smalelr planes (152,172) so yea i kinda got help flying it

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Ok, now that's just cheating. It would be like me having a professional astronaut come and help me fly the shuttle in orbiter :) Mind you, it would be a great way to learn :)