OMP Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
1. Is there a way to change the start time within the server, So i can change it to daylight

Yes. Connect with a telnet-client, assign as admin, issue 'mfd reset "dd.MM.yy" "hh:mm:ss" y' with "dd.MM.yy" being the date you like and "hh:mm:ss" the time.

2. Is there a way to add "Server Vessels"? Basically i mean i would like to add 1 ISS already in the server without a new ISS poppin up with every player joining.

No. It is not planned, either. Every active vessel needs a propagater engine, thus a Orbiter client has to host it. So-called "container" clients are planned, taking the role of hosting persistent vessels.

3. Is there a proper way to add a STS ready to launch? I got it mostly working, works perfect for the person using the vessel BUT to everyone else in the server, they only see the Shuttle itself, without the SRBs and Fuel Tank, it looks awkward when launching.

No, because state-exchange is not implemented yet. It is planned, though.

regards,
Face

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

EDIT: Also, for some reason, OMP seems to crash when using some vehicles, it works for the person using the vessel, but when it connects to the server it crashes everyone else. BUT im guessing its cuz OMP does not support custom vessels?

OMP does not support non-runtime-instancable vessels. Maybe you have that problem with SC3 vessels?

You can solve this problems by mapping the appropriate vessel-classes to other classes (perhaps only static meshes or somesuch). E.g. DGIV is a problem, so just map it to Deltaglider.

jmaldon6

Reaction score
Fantastic,

Well the Shuttle part is a bummer but i guess ill have to wait and see and just fly around using the DeltaGlider and the other boring vehicles :p

Thanks for the reply.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

You can solve this problems by mapping the appropriate vessel-classes to other classes (perhaps only static meshes or somesuch). E.g. DGIV is a problem, so just map it to Deltaglider.

is it possible to give me an example of that?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well the Shuttle part is a bummer but i guess ill have to wait and see and just fly around using the DeltaGlider and the other boring vehicles :p

Don't tell that Roger "Frying Tiger" Long!

is it possible to give me an example of that?

Yes. You have to set this in the server.xml, inside the support tag:

Code:
 <System Name="Sol">
                        <Class Name="*"/>
                        <Class Name="MyDangerousClass" Redirect="MySafeClass"/>
                        <Class Name="DGIV" Redirect="Deltaglider"/>
                        <Class Name="SomeDangerousClassWithoutSafeClass" Redirect="#"/>
                        <Location>
The first mapping enables you to exchange arbitrary classes, the second is a classic redirect, the third the DGIV example and the last one is an exclude redirect, i.e. the "SomeDangerousClassWithoutSafeClass" will not get exchanged.

regards,
Face

jmaldon6

Reaction score
Don't tell that Roger "Frying Tiger" Long!
Im sorry but i have NO idea what you just said :p

Yes. You have to set this in the server.xml, inside the support tag:
Code:
 <System Name="Sol">
                        <Class Name="*"/>
                        <Class Name="MyDangerousClass" Redirect="MySafeClass"/>
                        <Class Name="DGIV" Redirect="Deltaglider"/>
                        <Class Name="SomeDangerousClassWithoutSafeClass" Redirect="#"/>
                        <Location>
The first mapping enables you to exchange arbitrary classes, the second is a classic redirect, the third the DGIV example and the last one is an exclude redirect, i.e. the "SomeDangerousClassWithoutSafeClass" will not get exchanged.

regards,
Face

Ok i understand now, the DGIV works for me, and so does my custom rocket, but it shows as an STS on everyone elses screen :( i guess thats the only way i can fix it for now.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
when i try to activate the module orbiter just exits did i miss somethong? please help

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
when i try to activate the module orbiter just exits did i miss somethong? please help

You missed a few details.

What version of orbiter?

Any error messages?

Activating it where? launch pad or bringing up an MFD or something from inside orbiter?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

This is almost certainly due to you trying to use OMP with Orbiter 2010. OMP binaries from the usual download places run in O2K6P1 only.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
oh ok

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

when i try to connect it says it failed?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
oh ok

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

when i try to connect it says it failed?

And this is almost certainly because the server is not up ;) . Please read the documentation. Please note that there is no standard 24/7 server open for free login. If I am not mistaken, there is currently no server online. You'd have to host your own.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
so eh will it be on soon and if so want a race around wideawake
Congratulations on completely missing the point. Re-read what Face wrote. No one is hosting a server, so if you want a server you'll have to host it yourself.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
ok ill host me own hope some one will join:(

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

whoops forgot to ask how do i;)

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Have you read the documentation?

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
sorta

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

ye i dont think i wud be able ta do that

Snipa299

Reaction score
Ok, first of all, where is documentation, and how do I connect to OMP server or host one? if I need something extra please provide the link, and everything else to join an OMP server. just got Orbiter a few days, and I'm very new.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok, first of all, where is documentation, and how do I connect to OMP server or host one? if I need something extra please provide the link, and everything else to join an OMP server. just got Orbiter a few days, and I'm very new.

Well, first of all: this is beta software and has no real release package.

So the first point to start would be the README.TXT of the source code and/or distribution-package (there is only one at source-forge right now: http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=582569 ).

In this readme, located in the usual place within Orbiter's structure (/doc/OMP/README.txt), the last sentence is:
Start Orbiter and activate the client in the "Modules" tab. Connect to your server by setting appropriate network settings (try the outdated documentation in /Doc/OMP/OMP.pdf for more client information)...
So if you open the referenced file, you'll get a documentation that is outdated, but still containing valid information about the current system.

Second, there is no OMP server online to my knowledge. Therefore, you will have to host your own. We had an enthusiast here nicked Kriss who've set up a really nice guide on how to participate in the project and how to run a server: http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11337 . His server mentioned in that post is down, though.

Third, if you want to use OMP over the internet, it helps to have an understanding of IP networking. Especially about the terms "port forwarding", "UDP/TCP" and "NAT". The issues arising from combinations of these terms are worked on, but not solved fully in the current state of development.

Fourth, if you're new to Orbiter, please take the time to learn it before you jump onto a complex project like OMP. This is no EVE or Elite on steroids or somesuch...

regards,
Face

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The one in Sourceforge has lacking files.
It's server.exe
server.cfg
server.scn

The Sourceforge package was intended to be a client distribution. It is even named so.
The Bitbucket repository contains all source files and even irregulary updated snapshots of binaries, OTOH. http://bitbucket.org/face/omp/get/tip.zip

regards,
Face

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.