OHM Orb:Connect v2.0

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Author: yagni01

Wanted to get these enhancements out before the next Orbiter release.

Along with bug fixes, there are many new messages, including a new NAV: command that adds several relative position and velocity messages.

See the included OrbConnectChanges.txt for details.

Note that several messages are no longer compatible with version 1.1.

DOWNLOAD

Salun

Das Bluejay El DESTROY YOU ALL
Reaction score
I've never really understood exactly what can be done with Orbconnect. Any chance someone can upload a youtube video or something? I think its used to pull up MFD info on other PC's and monitors

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've never really understood exactly what can be done with Orbconnect. Any chance someone can upload a youtube video or something? I think its used to pull up MFD info on other PC's and monitors
Sure, i'll upload it a year and a half ago for you :)

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
Orb:connect

ok this is cool and everything but where is the program that uses this plugin? like a mission control or somthing? i dont get it! in the video how are you doing it on the laptop? are you running another orbiter on laptop and connecting with the desktop?

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
ok this is cool and everything but where is the program that uses this plugin? like a mission control or somthing? i dont get it! in the video how are you doing it on the laptop? are you running another orbiter on laptop and connecting with the desktop?
There isn't anything really published, yet, except for this: http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=2399&highlight=mission+control The video is showing an application called RemoteMFD that hielor started a while back. Its currently a work in progress and is designed to let people create their own custom MFDs on remote computers. Both of these are on the shelf for the moment.

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
Orb:connect

humm yeah i know of that one. it was shelved awaiting the orbiter beta.Guess we will have to wait till sombody makes another one. So what program was used in the video on the laptop? nevermind you already said it! my bad

Last edited:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I'm guessing "RemoteMFD" was being used on the laptop, it was said in the post above yours if you didn't notice

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It was indeed RemoteMFD, a very early version of it. Source is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/remotemfd/, and yes this project has been effectively shelved due to work. I'd like to get back to it at some point, but no idea when that'll be.