Orbital MFD request

Black dog

Reaction score
Sorry if there is already one and I missed it, but if it is technically possible, I wondered if any addon developer would be interested in creating an MFD that gives an advice when a node or an apsis is approaching, for instance.
Audio and/or visual as options? Time prior to event configurable by user? I know there are things that automatically do burns, but I think doing the burns manually is the most fun. I know there are timers that you can set too, but I was thinking more of something that you can turn on and it will tell you when its so many minutes/seconds to periapsis, for instance. Any takers? Thanks for reading, anyway.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
IMFD already calculates and displays this information in Map mode.

Black dog

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for replying. I guess I need to be more clear, or perhaps my understanding is not good. What I am thinking of is something that gives an alert of sorts, so you can concentrate on something else and not be checking the MFD display or checking the time, and then when the node or apsis is near, the MFD gives a distinctive tone or a buzzer or a WAV file etc to let you know that it is time to return your attention to piloting the ship. Or does OrbitMFD or IMFD already do that, and that is what you are trying to tell me, please? Thanks again.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
better yet, lat it cancel time acceleration at the same time...

I think something like this should not be too difficult to do, however I don't have the time nor the need currently (Plus the fact that it would take me about 50 times longer than it might take e.g. Computerex...)

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Didn't there used to be an addon that would cancel time accel and/or pause the sim at a specified time/MJD? I think it was called "Wake up MFD" or something similar. I've never used it but it seems like that would do what you're after, just enter the ApT, Tn, or whatever manually.

Black dog

Reaction score
Hi everybody

Jedidia, I hear what you are saying about the time to code it. I can't do it at all myself, which is why I thought I'd throw the idea into the air.

Thanks, Chuck, but the basis of what I am suggesting is something that the user doesn't have to input manually, rather if you turn it on it just lets you know the next node etc is approaching. I guess selecting parameters eg alarm times, alarm for next normal node only etc might make good features too.