DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi again,
nice to hear that this puzzling issue is solved now!:thumbup:

But it does seem that the decimal-separator alone might not be the root-cause, because on my system ("de-DE") the separator is also different (comma [,] instead of point [.]) and I have no problems...
But I've only tested with Orbiter BETA, so it might still be needed to change that for Orbiter 2016.
I wonder if it has anything do with char sets. Could Orbiter/DX be calling non-existent characters in eastern language sets? So when it it's one of those, the result is a CTD with no explain in the logs?

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Could be... D3D9Client (at least the 2016 Version) is not build for wide-character sets, so that might be an issue. But as the Orbiter API also is 8-bit characters it would be a big impact to change it...
And it would be almost impossible for me to test :p
To get to the root-cause, maybe the OP could try and change only the decimal-separator. If that fixes the issue, we at least know that this alone is the culprit.
If not...I think there's not much I can do about it, as debugging is almost impossible without having a "Traditional Chinese" System.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I only mentioned the "." and "," as it sometimes causes problems... could be totally unrelated to this issue. :shrug:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Hi again,
nice to hear that this puzzling issue is solved now!:thumbup:

But it does seem that the decimal-separator alone might not be the root-cause, because on my system ("de-DE") the separator is also different (comma [,] instead of point [.]) and I have no problems...
But I've only tested with Orbiter BETA, so it might still be needed to change that for Orbiter 2016.

Here we always uses the decimal point [.] given the British ruling days, but as far as I know no-one on this side of the world actually uses the comma as decimal point. :p

Marijn

Reaction score
Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Here we always uses the decimal point [.] given the British ruling days, but as far as I know no-one on this side of the world actually uses the comma as decimal point. :p

So the "Traditional Chinese" also used the dot?
If that's the case it must be some other root-cause.
As changing the locale to "English" most likely also changes many other things that influence parsing (Numbers, direction, etc. pp.), the real root cause might be any of those many parameters.
Unfortunately this makes it even more unlikely that this might be fixed in D3D9Client or/and Orbiter core.

But as we have a "fix" for this issue, it is not urgent.

/Kuddel