Flight Question Orbiter barebones

Bonanza123d

Time Lord from Gallifrey
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I want to know if it is possible to get a barebones orbit mfd. My physics teacher approved for me to use orbiter with the class :hailprobe:. I want the class to be calculating and practically fly the entire Apollo 11 flight plan. So I was wondering how to set up orbiter to only provide basic information.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
what information is permitted?

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What sort of basic information? You can tell Orbit MFD not to display any information, but leave the orbit drawing available. You can do that by hitting the MOD button on the Orbit MFD.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
or use something like ascent profile mfd and Map mfd for a pseudo-telemetry kind of feel

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, I would say use different MFDs/tools. Maybe an AMSO or NASSP 'easy mode' would be good, with or without TransX or IMFD.
If you use the older NASSP (since 7 is under development and has limited LM functions), the DSKY is pretty well simulated with orbital information output and optional autopilot input. It's not too tough to learn how to fly the whole thing in that old NASSP with some assistance. Time permitted will vary how detailed you can go.

Bonanza123d

Time Lord from Gallifrey
Reaction score
Yeah, I would say use different MFDs/tools. Maybe an AMSO or NASSP 'easy mode' would be good, with or without TransX or IMFD.
If you use the older NASSP (since 7 is under development and has limited LM functions), the DSKY is pretty well simulated with orbital information output and optional autopilot input. It's not too tough to learn how to fly the whole thing in that old NASSP with some assistance. Time permitted will vary how detailed you can go.

That is also what I wanted to know. NASSP has mutable versions that I do not know the state of working or what. I am trying to do this for my physics class, so a barebones setup would include no future trajectory predictions (Time to apogee, time to burn, burn time, etc.), but have some leverage to pull together a wonderful thing, which is to get the entire class to be basically the AGC.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
ok, then how about using the Surface MFD and Ascent Profile. To use ascent profile open Orbiter and look in "modules" then check box the "custom mfd" button. Its a cool graph format showing altitude and pitch

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That is also what I wanted to know. NASSP has mutable versions that I do not know the state of working or what. I am trying to do this for my physics class, so a barebones setup would include no future trajectory predictions (Time to apogee, time to burn, burn time, etc.), but have some leverage to pull together a wonderful thing, which is to get the entire class to be basically the AGC.

Youre going to want AMSO, and youre probably going to want to do a playback, so you can talk while demosrating complicated parts of the mission. NASSP is cool, but way too complicated to run as a demo.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You could use [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1176"]Equation MFD[/ame] to call up the present values for a state vector. Then the class can calculate their eyes out. :lol: