• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes Tex, it should, I think I'll also plan it that way, launching all real ships from their real port, and all the others from Ascension.

Using VMC would need players to fly at a specific time, so I don't think that that would work so good.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
will we have to land at Ascension ? I prefer landing at KSC there's more runway's around there if I over shoot

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
As I wrote in the first post, reentry or landing going wrong is not a problem, so people who have problems to land at Ascension can land everythere they want.

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
will the scenarios be posted on here or orbithangar so that anyone can play along, even if they don't want to actively participate? also, I imagine there will be a list or something for necessary addons?

that being said, I can fly all the DG ships (I'm still working on vertical launches), if you want to count me in.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I'll join in. I can fly anything with an ascent autopilot for sure! I should also be able to get the XR series into Orbit. I've also built my own space station before so it's not new territory for me (28+ flights). I still haven't done a successful winged-vehicle reentry except when reading line-by-line a tutorial, but like you said, that doesn't matter that much so I'm good to go.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
will the scenarios be posted on here or orbithangar so that anyone can play along, even if they don't want to actively participate? also, I imagine there will be a list or something for necessary addons?

that being said, I can fly all the DG ships (I'm still working on vertical launches), if you want to count me in.

I'll post them as attachments here, so that everyone can download them.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
why don't you create a social group now ? so we can talk about what the station's going to have on it and who's launching what

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I copied this from the Social Group so people will see it.

I can make mission Insignia's if you want I'll just need to know what module will be launched and were it will dock.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I think I'm too much of a newbie to participate along with you guys on this, but I sure would like to keep track of what you all are doing. I'm pretty good with the DGIV, XR-1 and -2, but I haven't managed be consistant with an XR-5.
Do you mind if I drop in every now and then?

E

ex-orbinaut

Orbiter Forum Space Station

As many are having problems with reentry, it is not necessary to be able to land at a base, just deorbit and land somewhere, preferably as close to the target as possible.

Just an idea; there is bound to be people who like deorbits, reentries and landings. Isn't skipping on good recoveries missing an important aspect of the simulated mission? Would it make the project's progress too lengthy if the flight roster for each mission included two pilots, like a crew, for those who don't like reentries?

The mission pilot could do what he has to and then hand the scenario over to the de-orbit pilot. This one, in turn, could hand it back parked on the runway, ready for the next mission.

I would volunteer for the odd deorbit and landing in any of the listed ships. Video each one, if you like, so you can see there's no cheating!

Is it a good idea or surplus to requirements?

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Good idea, that would still allow people who have bad reentry skills to fly, but keep realism a bit higher.

Messierhunter

Reaction score
I like that idea a lot Keith. I recently finished building my own custom station, so I'm a little burned out on the station assembly part right now. Deadstick landings after a long mission unloading a full XR5 are always rewarding though. I can safely bring down any of the birds including the orbiter, but I prefer the DG-IV or XRs (I just prefer the attitude hold programs of the latter).

Fizyk

Reaction score
Website
ebvalaim.net
Hey, it's a really nice idea, I would like to join. I prefer to fly the XR-2, but DGIV and XR1 are also OK with me. Also, recently I found deorbiting ships quite entertaining and became quite good at doing it manually, so you can count me in for this too.

bradfirj92

Reaction score
I'll fly an XR5 for you :)

I'm also a dab hand with a URMS if you need that :p

I reccomend that when people complete flights, they record a playback. Since the XR series payback very well, it could add up to a very nice collection.

EDIT: I'm also pretty good at deorbiting and landing anything, so long as it's not constrained to unpowered landing, I only get those out of sheer dumb luck.

E

ex-orbinaut

I like that idea a lot Keith. I recently finished building my own custom station, so I'm a little burned out on the station assembly part right now. Deadstick landings after a long mission unloading a full XR5 are always rewarding though. I can safely bring down any of the birds including the orbiter, but I prefer the DG-IV or XRs (I just prefer the attitude hold programs of the latter).

Like most voyages, coming back home in one piece is probably the best part, isn't it?

I'll fly an XR5 for you :)

I'm also a dab hand with a URMS if you need that :p

I reccomend that when people complete flights, they record a playback. Since the XR series payback very well, it could add up to a very nice collection.

EDIT: I'm also pretty good at deorbiting and landing anything, so long as it's not constrained to unpowered landing, I only get those out of sheer dumb luck.

I was thinking silently along the same lines... is their any way different pilots' playbacks can be edited to link them into one (sort of "high-lights" style)? That way a short "documentary" of the building could be made for posterity. Would the station be made available for download from OH when it is ready? The "doc" could be distributed with that, so that new orbinauts can see what objective activities can be carried out in Orbiter.

Just wondering....

Mafuskas

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello,

I am interested in joining this project.

I haven't been able to play Orbiter for a while, and am now coming back into it. Before this period of absence, I was very skilled and could fly just about anything with reasonable competency; Now I am a little rusty, but I suspect that Orbiter is like a bicycle - once you've learned how to ride, you will always be able to do so.

So count me in to pilot what needs piloting, and I will do my best to not break it. :)

Also, if I may voice my opinion on the matter; I support Mir-2 as the Core module to this station.

And, one thing I was considering, I know I do well enough in installing add-ons so that things don't blow up; but if we are going to have several items with dependencies involved, I am wondering if there will be some sort of possibly step-by-step process drawn up for the creation of an Orbiter installation specifically tailored to this project? Just so that we can be sure that folks are on the same page when it comes to participating and we don't jam things up with easily avoidable troubles. When things get more concrete with how we will be doing this project, I would be happy to help in compiling this sort of document, if it is deemed necessary or valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.