Orbiter Public BETA 080514: Bugs and Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPASE_1976

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The 'MAP MFD' crashed , and didnt respond to mouse clicks ,the rest MFDs were ok , i just click this and that ( << >> ZM TRK etc) - i think i accelerate the sim while i was clicking it- and it stopped responding.I switch back from other MFDs (orbit etc) switch it on/off but it didnt respond.

SPASE_1976

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The texture is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND 100% REALISTIC
so earth textures add ons will not exist!
but the hires tiles are appear if you r very close to them and the blur/sharp difference is slightly visible so i got this idea...

What about placing the hires over the lowres tile using transparency and gradually reduce the transparency when the cam approaches the tile :)

ALSo i switch night lights off but still i see night lights (?)
ALSo can i extend the hires range using Lua script or something ?

Last edited:

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi.
I saw the Earth L14 hyperlink. It is about 265 MB. Is this level 11 global AND level 14 Flordia, or just one or the other?

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi.
I saw the Earth L14 hyperlink. It is about 265 MB. Is this level 11 global AND level 14 Flordia, or just one or the other?

I believe it's level 11 global textures, and level 14 Florida.

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I get a CTD every time it tries to load a scenario.

That's wierd. I do too. :(
Is this because I edited some of the parameters?

edit: sorry. Accidently deleted the Sol.cfg file.
Will Level 11 global textures be for mars too, or just earth?

Last edited:

SPASE_1976

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
just found another bug

prepare to launch the sts in the bright side (day) in real time
now accelerate (T) time till you go to the dark side (night)
now use scenario editor to go back in real time (Date > now )
the sts is totaly black , and will remain like this untill you switch aircarfts using F3.

reverend

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
just found another bug

prepare to launch the sts in the bright side (day) in real time
now accelerate (T) time till you go to the dark side (night)
now use scenario editor to go back in real time (Date > now )
the sts is totaly black , and will remain like this untill you switch aircarfts using F3.

posting this to project tools... confirmed bug

no matter

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pagesperso-orange.fr
oapiParticlesSetLevelRef

I am not really sure (no time to troubleshot more :sorry: ) but it seems like oapiParticlesSetLevelRef is not working the same as in 2006p1.

For example, writing this :
Code:
header:
double lvl = 1;
PostStep:
if (MainExhaustStream != NULL)
  oapiParticlesSetLevelRef(MainExhaustStream, &lvl);
was displaying my main engine's exhaust (MainxhaustStream is my main engine exhaust's PSTREAM_HANDLE) at full level even if the thruster was not firing.
Using the beta, I get nothing like this. No exhaust display, even if engine is ignited. I know that particles streams are behaving differently and I have checked that mine can be displayed by the beta.

However, AFAIK the Deltaglider is using oapiParticlesSetLevelRef (scramjet engines exhausts) and it is working as expected :huh:

Can it be because my addon is still compiled using 2006p1SDK?

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
I don't know why this code doesn't work - it should, even without recompile. (Note that it should be oapiParticleSetLevelRef, rather than oapiParticlesSetLevelRef, but I guess this is just a typo in the post and not in your code, otherwise it wouldn't have compiled).

The code in oapiParticleSetLevelRef that links particle generation density to an external variable is exactly the same as the default behaviour of linking it to a thruster level, so if you get exhaust streams to work at all, it's a mystery why it wouldn't work in this case.

Just as a sanity check: is it possible that lvl has been reset somewhere else in the code?

no matter

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pagesperso-orange.fr
Yes, this is a typo :crazy:

lvl is not reset, I tried a more complex name to be sure the value is not reset somewhere.

The particle stream is not rendered with the code I posted and ( I did not noticed that earlier ) when firing the engine, it is rendered with a serious offset in it's position, really far from the position I have defined.

offsetso8.jpg

If I had not the 2006p1 to check it is working as intended, I will immediately suspect my code.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Noticed the glass cockpit AP buttons at the bottom do not have their clickable area consistant with their new graphical layout. How much varience there is to the clickable area also seems to somewhat change depending on the screen resolution. 1280 x 800 in full screen causes me the most varience. 081007

Edit:

Just noticed a weird fact about time in this beta version. The farther time is away from our current time the more Orbiter will begin to lag/have an FPS drop. In both past and future. Try thousand year increments, Lag will become rather apparent by year 4000 or 8000. Beyond that it's quite bad.

Last edited:

Ajaja

Reaction score
Problem with SDK 090331 and atmosphere

I try to rewrite my planet module for newest SDK 090331 and need help with new atmosphere modules. I don't want to implemented clbkAtmParam or to create new atmosphere module. Only clbkFastEphemeris and clbkEphemeris with standard atmosphere or atmosphere from module (if exists Module_Atm in cfg). How to implement it? I've changed parent class to CELBODY2 and added CELBODY2::clbkInit(cfg) to my clbkInit for initialisation atmosphere module from configuration file settings:
Code:
SpiceBody::SpiceBody(OBJHANDLE hCBody): CELBODY2(hCBody)
{
}
void SpiceBody::clbkInit (FILEHANDLE cfg)
{
CELBODY2::clbkInit(cfg);
}
But result - no atmosphere. No standard atmosphere, and no Module_Atm atmosphere :(
When I added LegacyAtmosphereInterface() function in my planet module I found one strange thing - Orbiter do not call this function at all. Maybe problem here?
In debbuger I can see - atm (pointer to atmosphere object) and hAtmModule (library handle for external atmosphere module) are not NULL after CELBODY2::clbkInit(cfg). But atmosphere do not appears :(

BTW, old planet module (CELBODY-based) compiled with previous SDK has same problem with latest Orbiter beta 090331 - no atmosphere. This problem is only in latest beta 090331.

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
I especially like the load-on-demand of planetary textures. It seems that only the textures of the planet (or body) next to you are pre-loaded, so the 2009 version starts-up considerably faster on my PC! :)

I tried several existing spacecraft add-ons (of the 2006 version) and they all ran well. Only some old planetary textures would crash Orbiter 2009.

I have 2 graphical issues:
- The transparent MFDs in cockpit view were non-transparent, regardless of what settings I tried.
- In planetarium mode the lines of the celestial grid (and all other lines) do not show up. But the markers and their text are visible.
(Notebook graphic card Nvidia GeForce Go 7600, with 128-400 MB)

I don't know, is there a place to report these issues to the developers? [O-F Staff: Post moved to appropriate thread]

Reaction score
Should this thread be renamed 090331, since that is the latest beta now?

Status
Not open for further replies.