Celebrating 300 pages of screenshots...and counting:
11090320-04-01STS-161.jpg

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Agamemnon lives.

After months of the project being dormant, small detail work has resumed.

Reworking the Normal Map Textures on the entire vessel, nose to tail, as well as the specular reflection properties of the materials. Here, a Deltaglider inspects my work. I still need to scale the bump height down a bit, but its getting there. Going to go section by section until it looks right. Hoping to finish external cleanup fairly quickly and get back into the internals (2D panel is next up on the list).
picture.php

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Its nice to see that normal map feature getting used :thumbup:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
After months of the project being dormant, small detail work has resumed.

Reworking the Normal Map Textures on the entire vessel, nose to tail, as well as the specular reflection properties of the materials. Here, a Deltaglider inspects my work. I still need to scale the bump height down a bit, but its getting there. Going to go section by section until it looks right. Hoping to finish external cleanup fairly quickly and get back into the internals (2D panel is next up on the list).
picture.php

That looks great! Fitting name too.
Agamemnon from the Greek "Αγαμέμνων". Synthesis of the words "αγάν" = the one who is and "μέμνων" = stable/steadfast/persistant.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Am I the only one who uses a higher post count per page setting? I'm on page 113.
No, you aren't the only one, and there's no reason for celebrating neither the page count nor the post count (as we can always move or delete some posts :p).

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That looks great! Fitting name too.
Agamemnon from the Greek "Αγαμέμνων". Synthesis of the words "αγάν" = the one who is and "μέμνων" = stable/steadfast/persistant.

It is a fitting name. This ship is from the Babylon 5 universe though, so I'm afraid I can't take credit for naming her.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Actually not. It predates that, going back to to July 2002. The original add-on was called approach aid or "approaid" for short.

It and and an updated version can still be found in AVSIM's File Library in the Orbiter - Miscellaneous category under the names "Space Shuttle Heading Alignment Cylinder Runway 33" for the original add-on and "Heading Alignment Cylinders (with glideslope)" for the updated version.

I didn't know it was still available. :blink:

I remember swapping cfg files om the M6 forum. :)

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Front gear touchdown, chute deployed \o/

gear3.jpg

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
SEP-010. 13 May 2020. EVA performed by Jamie Cunningham, PLT, Sienna Morrison, MS1, and Svetlana Zaytseva, MS3.

sep010eva.jpg

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Started messing with the Arrow.

It's a bit in the spirit of Izack's:

Jovian Capture

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
2 missions are being prepared for launch in the next 2 weeks:

eJaO6.jpg

Skylab-6 will visit Skylab-II and will prepare it for Skylab-7, which will be carried out by the Buran spacecraft. The crew will relocate the Neesys module from docking port 5 to docking port 1. They will also berth the first resupply vehicle to the station, scheduled to launch a couple of days after the launch of the crew.

SILDM.jpg

The Italian moon mission will prepare the Pangea moon base for later Italian missions to the base.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
2 missions are being prepared for launch in the next 2 weeks:

eJaO6.jpg

Skylab-6 will visit Skylab-II and will prepare it for Skylab-7, which will be carried out by the Buran spacecraft. The crew will relocate the Neesys module from docking port 5 to docking port 1. They will also berth the first resupply vehicle to the station, scheduled to launch a couple of days after the launch of the crew.

SILDM.jpg

The Italian moon mission will prepare the Pangea moon base for later Italian missions to the base.

Hmm.... where can I get a Shenzhou spacecraft with a docking port? :huh:

I don't remember seeing this launcher before.

The one below? That's the launcher for the

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net