Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
All starflights to the Andromeda Galaxy, cancelled due to supernova.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm thinking about, what if everyone's space station would be united in one scenario, for everyone to download. That would quite populate our LEO! :D
The problem with that is...how many space stations will be at 51.6 (ISS) or 7.9 (ideal from Wideawake) degrees inclination (equatorial?) The risk of collisions will be monstrous, looking at how many dozens of rockets the community launches every day. :lol:
3.2GHZ-quad, so 12.8GHZ at all, a good graphic card, etc...
It doesn't work that way. Frequencies don't just add up. ;)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
The problem with that is...how many space stations will be at 51.6 (ISS) or 7.9 (ideal from Wideawake) degrees inclination (equatorial?) The risk of collisions will be monstrous, looking at how many dozens of rockets the community launches every day. :lol:

:rofl: I didn't consider that! Too funny. Equatorial orbits get boring quick since you miss so much coverage over the planet. I'd only build a station there as a stepping stone to the Moon or interplanetary travel. It would be a small station too so I wouldn't have a ton of vessels in the same scenario I'm traveling the solar system in.

My next space station will be a small orbital outpost in lunar orbit, but getting the pieces there, some what realistically, is.. well... hard! :lol:

FeLUX

Reaction score

The Altitudes and the Ascending Node make the difference.
And Speaking of myself my Station is at 55° inclination

Wonderer

Reaction score
If this project picks up then i'm soooooo building a station in a 51.6 inclination retrograde orbit :lol:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think that's true - but I think mine won't have problems with all these projects i think on my computer... 3.2GHZ-quad, so 12.8GHZ at all, a good graphic card, etc...
might make it to 10 FPS or more.

Slightly off topic for the thread, but I felt worth mentioning.

As Izack mentioned, the frequencies don't just add up with the full core speed values.

Now, granted, my knowledge is based on the way it used to work with machines that had multiple physical processors, but I believe the same holds true for multi-core machines. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the basic 'efficiency' you get from the subsequent processors is as follows:

1st core = 100% = 3.2Ghz
2nd core = 75% = 2.4Ghz
3rd core = 50% = 1.6Ghz
4th core = 25% = 0.8ghz

And then add together = 8Ghz (or roughly the equivalent of)

Again, based on my knowledge of multiple physical cores, and may not be entirely accurate, and may not apply to multiple cores on one die.

Back on topic:
XR2 on the runway, fueled & ready to go, on a resupply mission to the ISS launching from Wideawake.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Equatorial orbits get boring quick since you miss so much coverage over the planet. I'd only build a station there as a stepping stone to the Moon or interplanetary travel. It would be a small station too so I wouldn't have a ton of vessels in the same scenario I'm traveling the solar system in.
Exactly why my station is there. :tiphat:
Good luck in lunar orbit! Can I foresee lots of Energiya and Saturn launches? If you're going for semirealism, the Nova SSTO (part of Velcro) might be interesting, though a little easy. The only problem with it is how to fill up all that space inside the fairing. :rofl:
Altitude more than nodes. Being in the same inclination with different LAN (well, even different inclinations) still leaves you with an intersection every 20 minutes or so. Altitude is really the key, though spacecraft ascending to meet you still have to deal with lower stations/launch debris.

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
The future..
DreamChaser.png

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Last weekend I went to CU Boulder where they are helping design the Dream Chaser and saw a mockup of the spacecraft exterior and cockpit. What addon are you using?

[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1489"]A certain addon..[/ame]

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
That would be great to have everyone's space station in orbit. We could make a grand tour of everyone's station. :p

I would love to see this project take off

Unfortunately, the down side to building your own space station is the sheer number of vessels in the scenario. The one I'm working on now will have 37 vessels in the scenario once completed, and that's not even counting the space shuttle, XR5, or any DG4's, XR2s, etc. you may by flying to the station.

If you can get the various author's permissions you could use the Blorbiter (Blender-Orbiter) plugin or something similar to merge multiple meshes into a single vessel.

and because this is a screen shot thread...

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hatsune Miku XR2

2hatsunemikuXR2.PNG

[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5340"]http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5340[/ame]

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Does this count as 'wishful thinking'?

DreamChaser, Manned Dragon & MPCV on a Delta IV Heavy all ready to go.

Attachments

• KSCrange2014.jpg
    KSCrange2014.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 80

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
That would be great to have everyone's space station in orbit. We could make a grand tour of everyone's station. :p

Unfortunately, the down side to building your own space station is the sheer number of vessels in the scenario. The one I'm working on now will have 37 vessels in the scenario once completed, and that's not even counting the space shuttle, XR5, or any DG4's, XR2s, etc. you may by flying to the station.

Would it be possible to grab the mesh of the station and make out a simple cfg for it? Isn't that what Universal Shipyard (what's it called again?) do, more or less?

Chub777

Reaction score
And Speaking of myself my Station is at 55° inclination

Mine is at 51.6° inclination. I propose the stations be undocked and all you have to do is align, sync and dock.

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Don't worry, space is big. The chance of a direct hit is quite small, but there could be some interessting high-speed flybys. :D

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Centauri Space Station - Flight #9 completed late last night. South America is on the left horizon and you can just see Antarctica on the right horizon.

It's amazing how much you can see and how much better things look up here at 500km. I surely won't be hitting ISS at least! :lol:

CSS-F9.jpg

EDIT - Here's another angle and a night shot with the Moon in the background:
CSS-F9_2_.jpg

CSS-NightMoon.jpg