Orbiter Screenshot Thread

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Figured how to change the XR2 crew. A little Star Trek crossover...

376b9c91580b9b8c4d5cd12852fcc206.png

Merry Christmas!
You need Shatner in there, as he actually went to space.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Now you are only missing Janeway and Paris, Sisko and the "Old Man". :p

gamer19

Reaction score
guess he's already making those skins grinning challenge accepted ☺️
well @dgatsoulis I won't tell you "you need Shatner there" too now but I will suggest "you need to share it"
why not releasing it as a mod ? ?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Well, I did a thing.

Mainly to see if I still could (it's been a long while).

I loaded up Worlds of 2001 and flew up to Station V, all that work to get lined up and forgot that there was a Gagarin on this side. I'm tempted just to delete it out of the scenario given how hard I had to work to get lined up. I'd forgotten how much of a challenge it can be lining up to a rotating body. Lots of fun though.

Attachments

• Crap.png
    Crap.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 23

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'd forgotten how much of a challenge it can be lining up to a rotating body. Lots of fun though.
I find it almost impossible to line up precisely enough to approach blue-danube style. Ususally what I do is approach normally until I'm really close, then spin her up during the last seconds of approach. Maybe it's got to do with non-spherical gravity being turned on, or maybe the shuttle-A introduces slight rotation in other axes when rolling, I'm not sure...

Pioneer

Reaction score
I find it almost impossible to line up precisely enough to approach blue-danube style. Ususally what I do is approach normally until I'm really close, then spin her up during the last seconds of approach. Maybe it's got to do with non-spherical gravity being turned on, or maybe the shuttle-A introduces slight rotation in other axes when rolling, I'm not sure...
Or take the easy way put and use PursuitMFD!

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Or take the easy way put and use PursuitMFD!
Pursuit MFD doesn't work well for this kind of approach BECAUSE of the target's rotation. Small errors in the X and Y translational axis aren't successfully eliminated. Rather than damping these out, they get amplified.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It's tricky, I find myself lining up at the outer most "marker" or window, whatever you wish to call it; and orient myself along the pitch and yaw axis. While this is going on, I have maybe a .2 mps closure rate on the station (essentially station keeping). Once pointed in the right direction, I'll move forward and start playing with the rotation. From then on it like mixing paint, while cooking, and doing the dishes while folding laundry. Rapid switching from rotation to linear control and occasionally hitting the numpad [5] key and throwing my rotation way off again.
The docking port still "wobbles" a bit, but if I'm patient enough I can minimize it enough to dock. It is a lot of fun to complete a successful docking with Station V.

gamer19

Reaction score
seems like this forum is resizing pics, right ? :unsure:

how should we upload them, not as attachments ?