Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Quebec City is sprouting!

image.png

image.png

This last shot really doesn't look like it's from Orbiter!
image.png

image.png

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Went there IRL... I remember those low mountains / tall hills around the city. You have to do the Frontenac castle :)

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
0127m.jpg
A Blue Origin Lander is topping off its tanks on a Centaur tanker before starting its descent to the Lunar surface.

This is not an addon yet. I am trying to find out the size of the Lander, based on the photo currently published. Kept the overall height at 16 m. First tank size calculations show the lander has only dV from low Lunar orbit to land and back. It needs a tug to reach NRHO. The tug could be a Centaur-derived vehicle.

LordCroussette

Quebec City's Resident Base Builder
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
"Use the Force, Luke...! Let go, Luke!"
1.png
"Luke, trust me..."
2.png
"He turned off his computer! Luke, what's wrong?"
3.png
"Nothing! I'm alright!"

4.png
5.png
"You're all clear, kid! Now let's blow this thing and go home!"
6.png
7.png
8.png

Other than the lasers, all of this is in Orbiter! Well, except the last image obviously. That's pure photoshop xD

Even though it's straight-line flying, it is very fun.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I love the XR family but the Vanguard's mesh has always bothered me. I like the huge cargo capacity, but there was something about the huge landing gear that was as if the ship was on stilts.
While playing around with the XR5 mesh, I stumbled upon a configuration that I think looks nice.
1687619152152.png

The XR8 "Galaxy/Antonov" ?

1687619365027.png
1687619644007.png
with 6 SABRE engines under the wings, it can be converted to back/bottom loader. No need for the scrams at the belly either.
Though I doubt that such a configuration would survive reentry, well... neither would the current Vanguard, unless it was made of unobtainium.

Man, I wish I had the skills to model this properly.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Same here about various things. I have a nice drawing by Matt Plog about a better Nightlord warship design, that I could really love to put into Orbiter, but I don't find the beginning of the mesh process....

Pioneer

Reaction score
I love the XR family but the Vanguard's mesh has always bothered me. I like the huge cargo capacity, but there was something about the huge landing gear that was as if the ship was on stilts.
While playing around with the XR5 mesh, I stumbled upon a configuration that I think looks nice.
View attachment 33681

The XR8 "Galaxy/Antonov" ?

View attachment 33682
View attachment 33683
with 6 SABRE engines under the wings, it can be converted to back/bottom loader. No need for the scrams at the belly either.
Though I doubt that such a configuration would survive reentry, well... neither would the current Vanguard, unless it was made of unobtainium.

That would be a real neat cargo airliner irl. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here waiting for the XR3...