Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Nicholander

Reaction score
Just a little question K_Jameson, but when will you release the FOI probes? (I think you're going to release them all at the same time) Cause I really wanna fly those right now...

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Just a little question K_Jameson, but when will you release the FOI probes? (I think you're going to release them all at the same time) Cause I really wanna fly those right now...

The problem, regarding Galileo II, is the complex flight plan. If reaching Jupiter is not a great problem (direct hohmann, thanks to the powerful Jarvis M launcher), a Galileian tour with several gravity assists for setting a course that bring you at the rendez-vous with Europa at the right time, with the right trajectory and at the right relative velocity for releasing the mini-lander with some possibility of a good landing is a really complex task, and only matter for really skilled and experienced Orbinauts. Although the job is surely feasible within the Delta-V budget of the spacecraft (and was tested long time ago by Fausto, our "master of celestial mechanics"), was never compiled a detailed schedule of the flybys necessary to accomplish the task; the available scenarios and the documentation don't cover all the course to Europa. I don't want to release an addon that can be felt as "incomplete"... some feedback on this by the readers would be welcome.

The other probes currently in development has much simpler flght plans (altough Shakespeare is expected to do several flybys with the Uranian moons); it's matter of time for the completion of the respective packages. Currently, I have no access to the my titular PC, and on my crap laptop I have some difficulties, so don't expect to see any of them on Orbit Hangar in the next days or weeks.

Sorry for the OT!

Nicholander

Reaction score
so don't expect to see any of them on Orbit Hangar in the next days or weeks.
Well, that sucks. But, I can see the problems with the Galileo II (You just described that) and Shakespeare, what about Efesto? I think it's already been completed (It was on FOI Livestreams, after all), so do you not have it on your laptop or something?

K_Jameson

Reaction score
From the simulation point of view, Efesto, like Galileo II, is completed. You can take off, leave Earth and sails to your destination. But FOI pretends some standards, as the documentation, that is the most boring part and is still to be done.

for long time, I did not have the possibility to work for Orbiter, and still I have some personal priorities that prevents me from making significant progresses.

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This scene just struck me as I was testing some terrain.
picture.php

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
After 2 earlier aborted efforts, this thing may become part of my first contribution to the Orbiter world:

2015-03-08%2023_39_31-Object_%20object01_.jpg

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Clearly it's a blue hangar with a gold roof.

But seriously, textured on the inside as well? Otherwise you could have used a simple box/rectangle.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Is it going to be part of a space center (real or fictional)?

In fact it's this one. ;)

Clearly it's a blue hangar with a gold roof.

But seriously, textured on the inside as well? Otherwise you could have used a simple box/rectangle.

I plan to eventually make it usable a la CSSC's HIF and allow rockets to roll to the pad, although it would be somewhat down the road since my skills still needs to be polished.

Now someone needs to teach me how to make a correct UV map..... :shifty:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
B9RtWWP.png

Used GIMP's Soft Glow filter.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

This is "Friendship Station," an old exercise in station building that I did in early 2012, then lost interest in once I got my current computer in April. The module names were inspired by the whole "My Little Pony"/"Brony" fandom that I had gotten into (specifically, the "Elements of Harmony"). I originally posted these on the blog section of this website, but since then, I deleted them for some reason. Here are some of the key moments:

orbiter2012-02-0514-53-20-23.jpg~original

orbiter2012-02-0514-57-23-64.jpg~original

An Energia launching from Cape Canaveral, unusual, isn't it?

orbiter2012-02-0515-03-49-26.jpg~original

The cargo pod (Buran-T) opens.

orbiter2012-02-0515-21-15-28.jpg~original

The first module (Cassiopée with modified texture) was called "Magic".

orbiter2012-02-0818-21-42-45.jpg~original

orbiter2012-02-0819-39-34-03.jpg.html

orbiter2012-02-0819-39-34-03.jpg~original

The following mission was the launch of a crewed Dragon v1 to the station.

generosity_fh.png~original

orbiter2012-03-0316-46-53-57.png~original

orbiter2012-03-0317-52-37-59.png~original

Next was a Falcon Heavy carrying a node module (from the [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4351"]Mir-2[/ame] add-on) called "Generosity". I'm not sure if the actual Merlin vacuum engine could handle being a space tug with multiple burns.

orbiter2012-03-0318-13-31-87.png~original

Once the node module got close, the crew onboard "Magic" used its RCS thrusters to dock with "Generosity."

orbiter2012-03-0318-19-08-59.png~original

And that's where I stopped.

Last edited:

Delta glider

Spaceanaut
Reaction score
Yeah, well using scenario editor.

I did get a 0.3 mach overspeed on Jupiter using mains.

---------- Post added 03-14-15 at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-13-15 at 09:40 PM ----------

These where some simple pictures I took when I flew to Mars.
picture.php

About to Launch.
picture.php

XR-2 making its way out of the atmosphere.
picture.php

Trans Mars injection.
picture.php

So long earth.
picture.php

Midcourse corrections.
picture.php

Mars in sight.
picture.php

Mars getting closer.
picture.php

Mars orbit injection.
picture.php

Welcome to Mars.
I will post more pictures maybe of landing and coming home.

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Atlantis rolling out on KSC15 after a very successful STS-122/1E mission:

Atlantis_rollout_KSC15.jpg

T1234

Reaction score
A fun little challenge I thought up was to make a water source base on mars polar region and get to phobos from there and it dous not take much fuel,even with an xr2 with expert fuel with 2 tanks.
picture.php
picture.php

Dumping tanks,
picture.php

and a tweaked Phobos addon with the mesh correct size, brighter texture and Hall base moved a few meters.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Now to go back to mars and collect the tanks from orbit and land,leave space exactly as you found it:lol:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
A quick submission - how the ISS will look like post 2015 (minus the IDA which isn't available yet):

15.03.17%2002-06-26%20CMG.jpg

In other news, I'm building a new space station in Orbiter that I will put up in my Orbiter blog very soon. Hint: I have yet to see anyone here trying to build one up this way. ;)