General Question orbiter sound help

spacedaveG

Reaction score
Hi how do you install the orbitersound 3.5 into orbiter 2010 as I am having problems with putting it into the soundSDK folder if anybody knows why this isn't working and how to fix it could they let me know, thanks Dave.

Last edited:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
fist of all, :welcome: to the forum.

But how do you install Orbiter sound? Orbiter Sound is an .exe file so you have to double click on it and then select the Orbiter folder were you want the Orbiter sound add-on and then it should automatically install ;)

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
OrbiterSound has an installer, just follow the following steps:
1.Use this link.
2.Download OrbiterSound 3.5.
3.Start the program.
4.Give it your Orbiter path.
5.Wait a few seconds/minutes.
6.Follow any additional steps.
7.Launch Orbiter and enjoy!

By the way, :welcome: to the forum!

Edit:Oops, someone just posted another help before me...

spaceman1987

Reaction score
Hi Dave I have worked out how to install orbitersound 3.5. :)
First load up the installer, second click browse and then click on local disk scroll up and click on my documents, then scroll down untill you find the orbiter2010 folder click on that and finally click on the ok button.
Lastly you can then click the install orbitersound 3.5 and done. :D

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hi Dave I have worked out how to install orbitersound 3.5. :)
First load up the installer, second click browse and then click on local disk scroll up and click on my documents, then scroll down untill you find the orbiter2010 folder click on that and finally click on the ok button.
Lastly you can then click the install orbitersound 3.5 and done. :D

This is true for anyone who installed Orbiter using the .msi (It defaults to installing Orbiter in the My Documents folder). However since Orbiter can be "installed" anywhere using the .zip distribution, it's usually sufficient to say "Orbiter directory" - we assume most people are aware of where things are on their own hard drives.

spacedaveG

Reaction score
I am still having problems with the sound as im using windows 7 the sound file is in the correct folder

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Don't forget that as with any plugin module it must be selected from Orbiter's Launchpad "Modules" page for it to run. Make sure the box next to it has a tick (check) [Orbiter 2010-P1] or that it's in the "active" list [previous versions].

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I am still having problems with the sound as im using windows 7 the sound file is in the correct folder

What sound file, and in what folder? There should be many sound files, and not only one. Did you install OrbiterSound by executing (double clicking on) the OrbiterSound35.exe file? If so, did you answer "Yes" for "Activate OrbiterSound Module in Orbiter ?"

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
did you answer "Yes" for "Activate OrbiterSound Module in Orbiter ?"

I've noted that the OrbiterSound installer will only ask this if Orbiter.cfg is present in the Orbiter folder (i.e if you've run Orbiter at least once) - since with no .cfg it can't flag the module as active.

In any case, there's a chance it didn't ask that question, is all. :)

spaceman1987

Reaction score
This is true for anyone who installed Orbiter using the .msi (It defaults to installing Orbiter in the My Documents folder). However since Orbiter can be "installed" anywhere using the .zip distribution, it's usually sufficient to say "Orbiter directory" - we assume most people are aware of where things are on their own hard drives.
Dave did install the .msi version I was with him when we installed it.
By the way me an Dave are mates if you're wondering why I said that :lol:

spacedaveG

Reaction score
got the sound working

I have got the sound working in the orbiter menu there was a plugin modules option I selected that and there was the option for orbiter sound the box was unchecked so I checked it and I now have sound in the game