Orbiter Video Thread

Dambuster

Reaction score
If this is what passes for feedback on my video, I'm sorry, I don't get it.

I've got a little bit (bear in mind I've never made a video before, so I'm not too familiar with them).

Firstly, it looks very nice! My suggestions would be to try and make the exhaust trails of the XR-5 look less dense and to make some of the camera shots (especially where you pan around a bit) be more fluid. Also, when you have the Moon landing, it might look pretty cool if you did a more vertical landing, as in come to a hover a little bit above the pad before descending. Another thing is that I think the landing scene might have looked better if you showed it under a bit of time acceleration, rather than having time jump forward until the landing.

Other than that, very nice - it was fun to watch (and your flying looked great too)!!

TeddyJohn

Reaction score
I've got a little bit (bear in mind I've never made a video before, so I'm not too familiar with them).

Firstly, it looks very nice! My suggestions would be to try and make the exhaust trails of the XR-5 look less dense and to make some of the camera shots (especially where you pan around a bit) be more fluid. Also, when you have the Moon landing, it might look pretty cool if you did a more vertical landing, as in come to a hover a little bit above the pad before descending. Another thing is that I think the landing scene might have looked better if you showed it under a bit of time acceleration, rather than having time jump forward until the landing.

Other than that, very nice - it was fun to watch (and your flying looked great too)!!

Thanks for that, Dambuster. It's just that kind of feedback that helps me
improve. I'm glad you enjoyed watching it.
TJ-

Unstung

Reaction score
John Young's perspective aboard STS-1.
The Day of the Space Shuttle

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
George & Unstung - very good videos. Excellent.

n122vu

btw - what video editing software do most of you use? thx.

Unstung

Reaction score
I use Sony Vegas Pro 8, it's like $500, so you know... Tex uses the same software.
But once this computer goes, I may buy Platinum or Platinum Pro of the current version. It's not a bad deal, like $50 for Platinum on eBay, and $80 for the Platinum Pro.
I also use GIMP (For the titles) and Audacity (For more advanced/specific sound editing) sometimes.

A free one, slightly better than Movie Maker, is this. Corel also makes their own software, not that expensive. Now, if you really want to go pro (Like $300 with a student discount), there's Avid. I do not recommend Final Cut Pro at all, if you have a Mac.

Last edited:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
My much anticipated Orbiter 2006 tribute is coming this month! I made this short trailer to announce the upcoming release.*Note - The music I used for this trailer is not the music I used in the film.

Thanks for watching! :)

Gumdrop

Five Year Orbinaut
Reaction score
Nice work so far, Tex. I notice this trailer is different from the teaser on Vimeo.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks. Yes, the footage you see is near finished, though I used different music for this trailer than I did in the film. The music in the first teaser I released is the music in the actual film.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Going to be released on Tuesday, eh? ;)

Looks great, can't wait to see it. :)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
My much anticipated Orbiter 2006 tribute is coming this month!

Coming THIS Friday, January 29th!! :tiphat:

Last edited:

Chupacabra

Reaction score
^I just want to step in to say that I have been watching your Vimeo trailer since it came out! :) I've never been let down by your videos (now Youtube on the other hand ;) )

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
^I just want to step in to say that I have been watching your Vimeo trailer since it came out! :) I've never been let down by your videos (now Youtube on the other hand ;) )

Thanks! Yes, You Tube is a disappointment. They will block the video straight away, so it will be released on Vimeo and I will also provide the file for download. I will upload a short video to You Tube with the links to watch the release on Vimeo and to download the video from megaupload. :thumbup:

Do you mean the 29th? Today is the 26th

Oops! Thanks, long day today. :p

Aww, not on a Tuesday? :p

I kid. Looking forward to it!

I tried to release it this Tuesday, but it just didn't work out since I've got contractors all over my house this week installing new floors. :)

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Best landing EVER!

A quick flight in Dubai that ends with a landing ON the "Burj al Arab". Enjoy!