Planet X

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
If our sun had such a massive companion passing through inner solar system with orbital period of 3600 years all inner planets would be ejected or crashed into sun. Also there is absolutely no geological evidence of increased volcanic activity, asteorid bombardment or extinction events with 3600 year period. That article is just a total bull:censored:

Yes, you're right.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
This is soooooo funny!!!!!:rofl::rofl:
Specially the "if I write that NASA said something, then everbody will believe me!!!" And people believe this crap!!! I have a friend who asked me when could she see Mars, because she read somewhere that Mars would become as big as the Moon in the sky......:WTF: Just last week another friend (who is in the #3 or #4 year in college) asked me the same thing.... but this time it was Venus. :) And so then I explain that if that was to happen, probably both planets would be destroyed because of gravity... then they realize that they don't know jack and walk away.:leaving:

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
This is soooooo funny!!!!!:rofl::rofl:
Specially the "if I write that NASA said something, then everbody will believe me!!!" And people believe this crap!!! I have a friend who asked me when could she see Mars, because she read somewhere that Mars would become as big as the Moon in the sky......:WTF: Just last week another friend (who is in the #3 or #4 year in college) asked me the same thing.... but this time it was Venus. :) And so then I explain that if that was to happen, probably both planets would be destroyed because of gravity... then they realize that they don't know jack and walk away.:leaving:

As I said before; it is very funny:rofl:.
Escpecialy the nasa thing.:p

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You mean we don't have to put the tinfoil hats on ?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
1. If it was that big we would have seen it. We can see planets in other solar systems but not one that is in our own solar system and is close to us right now?

2. My wall calender ends on December 31st 2009. I think the world might end then... or maybe the printer just didn't want to print any more pages.

3. Why not ask a Mayan? Oh right. you can't they are all dead. Didn't do a good job of predicting that one did they?

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
2. My wall calender ends on December 31st 2009. I think the world might end then... or maybe the printer just didn't want to print any more pages.

That is good.:lol:

But you're right...that all is stupid.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If our sun had such a massive companion passing through inner solar system with orbital period of 3600 years all inner planets would be ejected or crashed into sun. Also there is absolutely no geological evidence of increased volcanic activity, asteorid bombardment or extinction events with 3600 year period. That article is just a total bull:censored:

One would expect far less asteroids in the solar system. All the planets have done a fairly good job of cleaning their own orbits... something at least 13 times as massive as Jupiter would clean everything in it's path and far, far from it.

I mean... there's just overwhelming amount of evidence out there disproving the existence of the "Nemesis" and planet "Nibiru"...
In fact, the whole Nibiru thing has been traced back to one site. I'll try to remember what it was... the owner of the website stated that she had been abducted by aliens that call themselves Zetas and they implanted her with a chip so that they could communicate the imminent danger and warn us of our impending demise.................she's also written a lot of books so we all know where this is headed...

Nexiss

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ok guys thank you so much for a very entertaining and enlightening experience, I can now tell my friend he made me look like a complete twat on this forum, not being knowledgable in the particular field I had no idea it was a load of C**p,
thanks guys
guess the laugh is on me :rofl:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ok guys thank you so much for a very entertaining and enlightening experience, I can now tell my friend he made me look like a complete twat on this forum, not being knowledgable in the particular field I had no idea it was a load of C**p,
thanks guys
guess the laugh is on me :rofl:

Oh... no no... you merely asked... go to YouTube and look for 2012 and you'll see who makes the standard for the definition of the word "twat" :p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Oh... no no... you merely asked... go to YouTube and look for 2012 and you'll see who makes the standard for the definition of the word "twat" :p
The movie?

Yeah, I might have to see that just for the plane. The trailer seems to have it as a starring character.
http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2008/10/19/airplane-owner-not-flying-too-high-over-movie-honor

Also, the OP load of junk lost me here:
It is estimated at the size of Jupiter...

“A dwarf star is an object that is too big to be considered a planet, but not quite big enough to sustain the nuclear `fusion’ of hydrogen in its core to come a real star."

So it's the size of jupiter, but too big to be a planet.

According to that logic, Jupiter is too big to be a planet...

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So it's the size of jupiter, but too big to be a planet.

According to that logic, Jupiter is too big to be a planet...

It's said to be the size of Jupiter, yet also said to be a brown dwarf.

Brown dwarves are much bigger then Jupiter.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fair enough, but I believe Nexiss' post referenced mass as well...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I would read the article again and pay attention to three aspects, which any orbiteer should notice to be very strange:

1. Orbit period and thus semi-major axis
2. maximum perihelion radius to do two passages at Earth during one orbit.
3. time between two passages at Earth (1 AU) (September 18, 2009; December 21, 2012).

Does somebody remember Keplers second law? ;)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Urwumpe, I was a bit shocked a moment before when I saw your harsh reply on Nexis post about the slip stream drive. Now I found this, and I finally know what you meant...

@Nexis:

I suggest you a very simple experiment: invest some 1000 to 2000 bucks in a good amateurs telescope (A cheaper one should do the trick to, but after all you want to be CERTAIN, don't you)?
Now, set it up and look at Jupiter for a while. You will notice that he is QUITE well visible with your telescope, and when observing carefully you should even be able to spot its moons without too much trouble.

Now, since Planet X should be similiarly sized (so goes at least the official "theory", I haven't re-read what you posted first), yoou just look where it should be, and you will be able to see it clearly, if it's there. If it isn't anywhere behind the orbit of neptune, you should even be able to see it with your bare eyes on a very clear night. But, you want to be sure, so get the telescope!

What is that? don't know exactly where to point the telescope? well... Surely the ones providing the theories will have some calculations on the trajectory of the planet? After all they know that it's going to hit earth, and they even know the exact date, so they have to know the exact trajectory. They didn't tell? Why, screw that! I thought they wanted to make the thing public, since teh 3v1l gouvernement is trying to hide it. All they had to do for making it public would be to reveal the trajectory, and every observatory, every hobby astronomer, indeed everyone with a reasonably effective binocular could look at the right place at the right time and would see it. Or not. Because there's nothing there. Which is also a very plausible reason for not revealing the trajectory. Even then, someone would have noticed it. An object the size of Jupiter CANNOT go unnoticed in our night sky if it's allready inside the system. It simply can't!

(the same goes for alien spaceships with antimatter drives, for that matter).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And even more: It can't hide. There is the claim in the hexayoo that Planet X will remain hidden behind the sun until shortly before impact. That is bogus as well - Earth is moving once per year around the sun, for staying hidden for years, the planet has to move at the same angular rate.

Which is a physical impossibility if the planet is not equipped with a beam core antimatter engine producing a strong inward acceleration to counter the centrifugal force.

And then, there are still the many probes in the solar system which can look behind the sun. Like the two STEREO probes.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I bothered to read the "article". It was amusing. Especially this:

Planet X is supposed to make its first pass of earth, coming up from behind us to the south, on September 18, 2009, then go around the sun, and make its second and most powerful pass on December 21, 2012 (the day the Mayan calendar ends, and the new age supposedly begin).

And what does it do afterwards? vanish into the depts of space again??

Which is a physical impossibility if the planet is not equipped with a beam core antimatter engine producing a strong inward acceleration to counter the centrifugal force.

It seems it would not only be used for countering the cetrifugal force, but also for an Orbit inject and eject manouver... :rofl:

Then again... a star is a natural fusion reactor. It might just happen that nature produced a working anitmatter drive too! Or, let's put nature away and officially call it armageddon sent from God, since these people seem to be drawing on (bad) theology a lot more than on science...

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nexiss, only ten posts so far and they are all related to crackpot nonsense fro bulls*** UFO nutter sites. Please, don't be that guy on the forum who can be counted on to post nothing but tinfoil hat stuff.

I suggest you do a google search on "The Bad Astronomer" and read Phil Plait's debunkings of all this horsecrap. A short list off the top of my head:

Planet X
Perpetual motion engines
FTL drives (most, if not all)
UFOs
NASA conspiracies (moon landing hoax, face and pyramids on Mars, etc)
chem trails

The list goes on. I would add to that the Great New Coca Cola Conspiracy Theory.

In fact, snopes.com is a good place to debunk stuff.

You need a dose of skepticism: evidence or it isn't real.