Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
I've tried Orbiter Beta and latest DX9 client yesterday and had a lot of fun. The problem is that I've discovered that my addons crash the Beta. Perhaps it's just a matter of linking with the latest Orbiter.lib. I also have something else in plans: utilizing the property sheets, so that anybody can easily run my addons through a debugging session, in case of problems (cheers to those who have done it and reported back!)

There's also a stinky subject that needs to be addressed: the HUD Drawer SDK will need to be updated to catch up with the latest VESSEL4 interface, and here's a question I have for you. I will keep the Orbiter 2006 compatibility, but I'm wondering whether I should keep or drop Orbiter 2010 compatibility, once the currently Beta gets released. Note that Orbiter 2006 runs fast on slow machines, while 2010 does not, which is the reason why I keep 2006. Is there a similar relation between the 2010 and Beta, that would justify keeping the 2010 version of HUD Drawer SDK and Launch MFD, like it was with version 2006? On the other hand, I think that keeping the 2010 version will let the VESSEL3-derrived vessels to use HUD Drawer, like it was with VESSEL2 ones (from 2006). Maybe there are other reasons? Go ahead and post them.

I'm currently not doing anything from above, as I feel a bit paralyzed from the fact that I have a job interview at Bosch on Tuesday. Hail The Probe for me before you go to sleep tonight and I'll get back to updating the addons after the job interview.

Last edited:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
OK. It turned out to be a matter of recompilation only after all. Thanks Doc :) Even the HUD Drawer works. It seems that the default vessels haven't been updated to VESSEL4 class, or it's something I don't understand.
The AbsoluteKillrot plugin seems to work fine without recompilation. You can use the old version.

The property sheets I can't understand, but that's minor for now.

Enjoy

Attachments

• huddrawersdk-v.0.3-4BETA.zip
    221.5 KB · Views: 56
  • burntimecalcmfd-v.2.7-4BETA.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
  • launchmfd-v.1.6.2-2010-4BETA.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 56
  • modulemessagingsdk-v.1.1-4BETA.zip
    218.8 KB · Views: 43
  • transx-2014.04.26-auto-center-fix-4BETA.zip
    978.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Updated to latest Beta (r.13)
Unfortunately HUD Drawer for Launch MFD doesn't work anymore (doesn't show up to be precise), because the default vessels have been updated to the VESSEL4 class. This is only a problem until the final version is released. Then I'll update the HUD drawer's code to support the VESSEL4. It's a 5 minutes work, but keeping compatibility between Orbiter 2006, 2010 and 2015 requires more thought, but of course is doable.

Here are the links:
http://enderspace.de/orbiter/addons-beta/

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I have updated the HUDDrawer SDK, to support Beta's default vessels. The links are the same. Of course, older ships won't work with this version (won't have the flight director drawn).

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io
I did a flight from KSC to the Moon in Orbiter2015 with updated BTC and TransX. Both of them did not cause CTD during the flight. Thanks for the update.

However, it seems that offplane distance from the base is not shown in TransX. This is the only problem I found with these updated MFDs.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I'm happy to inform that above addon releases are still compatible with the latest Orbiter Beta releases - i.e. r.14 through r.20. You could expect continuous compatibility, but if something breaks, please let me know.

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Enjo, your versions of transx no longer work with the latedt r51 beta. But the version compiled by martins works. Is there any difference between that version and your version?

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Thanks for letting me know.
There can be differences in the ABI between any beta revisions. This is one of them. I'll update the pack soon.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
rev. 54

Worked for me, but please confirm:
http://www.enderspace.de/orbiter/addons-beta/

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

P.S.:
All the new versions of the addons now require [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6889"]ModuleMessagingExt[/ame]

Last edited:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
rev. 55

Added links for rev. 55.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
First of all, on my first trip to the moon n Orbiter 2016, I really missed AbsoluteKillrot. Not a "sexy" add-on per se, but I really notice when it isn't there. So thanks for that. :tiphat:

On your page, here: http://www.enderspace.de/orbiter/addons-beta/

Is the "The compatible stable version" of AbsoluteKillrot really just the old version already on O-H? Does that go for others that link back to O-H?

here's a question I have for you. I will keep the Orbiter 2006 compatibility, but I'm wondering whether I should keep or drop Orbiter 2010 compatibility, once the currently Beta gets released. Note that Orbiter 2006 runs fast on slow machines, while 2010 does not, which is the reason why I keep 2006. Is there a similar relation between the 2010 and Beta, that would justify keeping the 2010 version of HUD Drawer SDK and Launch MFD, like it was with version 2006?

Let's not be hasty. I don't think Orbiter 2010 is quite dead yet. Orbiter 2010 has a long history of add-on development and it seems that compatibility issues between Orbiter 2010-2016 are even worse than they were between 2006-2010. Some very popular add-ons are no longer being developed and have seemingly little chance of making the conversion at all.

I have every intention of maintaining my add-on heavy Orbiter 2010 installation for the foreseeable future and I doubt that I am alone.

Last edited:

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi Enjo
Should AbsoluteKillrot work on earth's surface?
It's not working for me in 2016 release.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Bug report for Launch MFD in Orbiter 2016:

It seems that after the Launch MFD autopilot quits, one set of thrusters get stuck on and can't be turned off resulting in an uncontrollable spin. :blink:

turtle91

Reaction score
It seems that after the Launch MFD autopilot quits, one set of thrusters get stuck on and can't be turned off resulting in an uncontrollable spin

I can confirm this.
First I thought, that this issue was related while I tried a realy bad SCRAM (XR2) ascent and might confused the AP.
But now, it seems to be happen all the time:
-using standard AP for ascent...all went fine...REL.INC 0.00...altitude as set (i.e. 220/220)
-but, my XR2 vessel is (RCS-powered)pitching-up all the time, after Launch-MFDs AP has (automaticly)switched off.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I can't believe I missed all your posts. Thanks for the input!
boogabooga: Now I can see how keeping 2010 compatibility makes sense, after following the 2016 thread.

As for the stuck thrusters, I filled a bug report:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/project.php?issueid=1271