problem trying to record with FRAPS

darian

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I can run FRAPS fine with FS9 but I cant get it to work with Orbiter, any thoughts on what the problem is. I run Orbiter in windowed mode could that be an issue ?

Never mind I see it is exactly the issue. Is there any other program that can record in window mode.

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Probably something based on MS Windows. But why bother? If you're recording, you're recording. Presumably your attention is focussed on what you're looking at and the film you're making. You can quickly bail out of the fullscreen mode by pressing the "windows" key at the bottom left. Pause the simulation, though, especially if you're performing a manoeuvre, because it keeps going on in minimised mode and starts getting out of control.

darian

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well true, but I will still look for a program that can record in windowed mode because it makes things much easier for me since I'm a multiple monitor user. I would like to use my second monitor also, a know. :)

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sounds complicated... my mind would explode if I were using two monitors at a time

darian

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Then benchmark keeps displaying in the videos, how can I get rid of the benchmark.

Fixed it, I need to use "dual view" in the NVIDIA Control panel and hide the benchmark before I start recording.

Last edited: