ProgressM1 beta testing

no matter

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pagesperso-orange.fr
I've just noticed that if there are any crew inside the Progress when it becomes full of wastes they will be trapped inside it and they'll be doomed to go down with the Progress and it's waste in the earths atmosphere:lol:

Also I really think it should be up to the user to be able to undock with someone inside. It may not be meant for live occupants but it's a nice ferry between ships in emergency or other unusual situations.
Ooops :lol: Am I stupid? :lol:
Ok, I am going to restore that as it was before.
Progress is only pressurized but anybody carrying O2 can survive inside, enough to save people in an emergency situation as you stated.

spacman

Reaction score
Question for No Matter, Will you be doing the same thing for the SoyuzTMA?.Or would it be possible to put your solar arrays on it.Thanks:)

no matter

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pagesperso-orange.fr
Question for No Matter, Will you be doing the same thing for the SoyuzTMA?.Or would it be possible to put your solar arrays on it.Thanks:)
I wanted but I have to cancel that now that I am implied in a more huge project.

Unfortunately, you can't put the solar arrays on the TMA without giving it a new dll as the animation would be screwed or Orbiter would ctd if it does not find the mesh groups needed.

EDIT:
I found a bug on the beta3, I forgot to disable main exhaust particles streams when engine cover is closed! This will be fixed for the next beta which could be the last one before a first release if no other bug found.

Last edited:

no matter

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pagesperso-orange.fr
BETA4 available

Beta4 available, see first post :)

Changes:

- solar arrays redrawn
- undocking while somebody is on board restored.
- Main exhaust stream fixed (disabled while engine cover closed)
- Once unfolded solar arrays can't be stowed as well as antennas (except 2AO-VKA).
- Opening engine cover is impossible while rear antenna is stowed.

Please report even if you find no bug I need to know that to determine if a release is possible.

Last edited:

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Crew slot selection shouldn't mention EVA or Eject since the only action possible is to transfer. Only other minor thing I can note is the mesh used when Progress is burnt shifts a meter or two off from the origal mesh position. Aside from that I can't find any other issues. This the last beta? If so how long we got to test?

no matter

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pagesperso-orange.fr
Crew slot selection shouldn't mention EVA or Eject since the only action possible is to transfer. Only other minor thing I can note is the mesh used when Progress is burnt shifts a meter or two off from the origal mesh position. Aside from that I can't find any other issues. This the last beta? If so how long we got to test?
Ok, thanks :)
I fixed both problems.

You can test until tuesday or wednesday, if no major problem found, of course. Anyway, I will warn testers in this topic when I will consider beta closed.

Thanks again ;)

Kemo

Reaction score
Soyuz Guidance MFD is giving me trouble rendezvouing with the ProgressM. I seem to run short on fuel.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
I've recently noticed that Rotation RCS burns as of Beta 3 to 4 seem to mess with relative velocity when docking even in close range. Seems slightly unbalanced. Just undock in the included docked scenario and use the RCS in rotation mode and look at the velocity vector. Earlier it wasn't disturbed at all. I Don't know if this is intended and a real behaviour of the progress in real life so decided to mention it.

no matter

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pagesperso-orange.fr
Soyuz Guidance MFD is giving me trouble rendezvouing with the ProgressM. I seem to run short on fuel.
I have tested a lot of times, I will redo the whole flight but I have never had a problem going to ISS using Soyuz guidance MFD.

I've recently noticed that Rotation RCS burns as of Beta 3 to 4 seem to mess with relative velocity when docking even in close range. Seems slightly unbalanced. Just undock in the included docked scenario and use the RCS in rotation mode and look at the velocity vector. Earlier it wasn't disturbed at all. I Don't know if this is intended and a real behaviour of the progress in real life so decided to mention it.
Ok, I have noticed the problem too, I am on it.
I don't know where the problem is exactly, if you fire left as well as right yaw thrusters or both up and down pitch thrusters, it's intended as their positions induce that but firing just one line should not induce change in velocity.

So it seems like we'll have some delay before the release... :(

EDIT:
I was unaware of that, the rcs model induces this comportment, more precisely it is pitch and yaw thrusters firing direction (one thruster oriented at 45°from z axis instead of 2 thrusters balanced over cog and firing at 90° from z axis).
That's pretty annoying, especially if you use Gravity gradient torque. I have tested one addon with the same kind of thrusters directions (some using 45° as well) and I get exactly the same comportment.
In the past, I used to idealize the thrusters but that's impossible with particles streams as AddExhaustStream() doesn't offer a way to indicate a direction for the stream. It follows the direction vector declared in the thruster definition, so the thruster must provide the 45° orientation. No way to cheat on this.

Last edited:

GeorgeTirebiter

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find any more problems. :thumbsup:

I did discover that the Soyuz Guidance MFD doesn't work very well with nonspherical gravity, but that's nothing you need to fix.

I didn't even notice the RCS issue. I guess SlyCoopersButt and I have different docking techniques. :unknown:

no matter

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pagesperso-orange.fr
I haven't been able to find any more problems. :thumbsup:

I did discover that the Soyuz Guidance MFD doesn't work very well with nonspherical gravity, but that's nothing you need to fix.

I didn't even notice the RCS issue. I guess SlyCoopersButt and I have different docking techniques. :unknown:
:speakcool: Thanks for the report.

no matter

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pagesperso-orange.fr
Beta tests stopped.

Many thanks to every testers! :cheers:

Beta tests are now closed (don't hesitate PMing me if you have something more to say on the last beta)

I just need some time to finalize the english documentation and write a french version then I will publish Progress v1.