Question Project Mercury - Invisible????

Mantis

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me with this. Project Mercury (version 5) has long been one of my favorite addons for Orbiter but for some reason when I try it under Orbiter 2010, the Mercury spacecraft (either on a Redstone or an Atlas) is invisible. I have correctly installed Earth 1962 (which works perfectly with Project Gemini) and I see the pad and gantry but there is no Mercruy spacecraft!

Has anyone else encountered this?

Netrunner

Reaction score
I encountered the exact same thing :(. Guess we have to see if the developer(s) will fix it. If not, I might have to re-install Orbiter 2006 just for Project Mercury.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Most of the old add-ons don't work correctly with the 2010 version, so my advice is of course to keep your 2006 installations. What you can do is to use the new Earth textures on 2006 which involves a little file copying and editing of your .cfg files.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I could try making a 2010 version of the Mercury add-on, it is one of my favorites and it would be very sad if I can't combine it with Orbiter 2010s extremely good looking Earth.

Mantis

Reaction score
I could try making a 2010 version of the Mercury add-on, it is one of my favorites and it would be very sad if I can't combine it with Orbiter 2010s extremely good looking Earth.

That would be fantasitc! Project Mercury is one of my favorites as well.:thumbup:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
do you mean making it from scratch?

No idea.. i think from the scratch would be better, because the sources had been pretty terrible to compile because the code is pretty sophisticated.