"Radiation detector for iPhone"

Jarvitä

Reaction score
It's called a Geiger counter. The technology is progressing pretty rapidly, I hear they might be able to make one that works without an iPhone in a few years or so.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know why, I feel there is a potential for this market, like in Japan... :goodnight:

Ark

Reaction score
Oh whatever, the iPhone provides nothing but a pretty picture on a screen.

JEL

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jelstudio.dk
I suppose you could make all kinds of attachments that could be controlled via the iPhone. Similar to how you can attach all kinds of USB devices to a computer. Radio-receivers for example, audio-cards, tv-grabbers, keyboards, etc. I'd like to see a seismograph so that I could measure the vibrations of my desktop :lol: Or maybe a weather-station. Or maybe even a telescope-controller so that you didn't have to bring a lap-top for it.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I would like a miniature weather station.

One of those really ground breaking ones... that can actually work without an iPhone.

:shifty:

EDIT:

And it appears the iPhone-less radiation detector already exists:

Tower2.gif

I can picture it now: radiation detector on the one wrist, watch on the other. :lol:

Last edited:

JEL

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jelstudio.dk
Good one :)
And if you combine the watch and detector you can... wait for it... 'watch' your radiation-levels :rofl:
Yeah ok, I have nothing better right now.

Ohh wait, it IS combined already hahahahah :facepalm:

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Speaking of the iPhone in general, this app seems interesting. I haven't tried it though, but the idea looks good:

http://www.livingearthapp.com/

Apparently it will draw the earth as it is with its current weather. Kind of like a live (although simulated) sat-view of the planet.
Seems like a nice idea (if it works, cause like I said I haven't tried it but just seen the website)

mzl.wrrpofyv.320x480-75.jpg

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ohh wait, it IS combined already hahahahah

Yes, but: if you wear two watches, you can have redundancy. :lol:

JEL

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jelstudio.dk

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It's called a Geiger counter. The technology is progressing pretty rapidly, I hear they might be able to make one that works without an iPhone in a few years or so.

If RIM can make a Blackberry specifically for Facebook, that has a Facebook button, surely someone can put a 3G/4G radio in a normal Geiger counter and add a Facebook/Twitter button as well, and sell the counter for less than the cost of buying an iPhone plus a second device like this.

Amazon could make the device, host the service and make it free to their users that buy the counter. Then you can keep your music, and your radiation readings, all in the cloud together, and access them from anywhere.