Request Rag Tag Fleet

Mauler85

Traveler out of time
Reaction score
If anyone has the Rag Tag addons is there any chance I could get a list to see if I have all of them and a download for any I don't. I was without internet for about 6 months and just found out the site is gone. (Extremely angry at whoever screwed Jon and the Rag Tag team. They are what is wrong with the world.) I would like to make sure I have everything. I would be incredibly grateful since I enjoy all of the RT teams work. And if any of you see this Thank you for all the wonderful ships you made.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well Jon gave me what was on his site. BUT they are not projects. So the parts are there but they need to be build. For example the cpp and H code and anim8ors are there but they need to be made into a dll and mesh. No scenarios though. Jon told me to do as I pleased. I have used his so I am not sure what they did/do. So I am going to need HELP to get them back.
This is what I have.
ragtagfllet_zpsb50b161b.jpg

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The original zip packages must still exist on plenty of people's backups. I know I have the old and new Battlestar, at least. Not sure about anything else, though.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Then I guess they could release them on their own with acknowledgement to ragtag fleet. I don't have the zip so I would have to make the mesh and compile the dll and see if it works. So any on board for that?

Interceptor

Reaction score
Thanks John,I hope you can get these fine addons working,and on OH again,unfortunately I lost all of them on my old hard drive failure.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well, I could help in compiling them, but please be aware that I won't do anything without Jon's direct permission if the code's license is not clear on redistribution.

If it is though - e.g. by means of being an OSS license - just send me a ZIP (e.g. by email or PM) and I can recompile the DLLs for it.

Unfortunately I have close to zero experience with meshing, so you'd need another person for this.

regards,
Face

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That is the plan. But I need help. I was going to start with the Firefly. Just looking at the code there are :
SetMeshVisibilityMode (AddMesh (oapiLoadMeshGlobal ("QJFireFly\\QJFireFly")), MESHVIS_ALWAYS);
SetMeshVisibilityMode (AddMesh (oapiLoadMeshGlobal ("QJFireFly\\QJFireFlyG1")), MESHVIS_NEVER);
SetMeshVisibilityMode (AddMesh (oapiLoadMeshGlobal ("QJFireFly\\QJFireFlyG2")), MESHVIS_NEVER);
SetMeshVisibilityMode (AddMesh (oapiLoadMeshGlobal ("QJFireFly\\QJFireFlyG3")), MESHVIS_NEVER);
SetMeshVisibilityMode (AddMesh (oapiLoadMeshGlobal ("QJFireFly\\QJFireFlyG4")), MESHVIS_NEVER);

5 different meshes.

Also I have to convert all textures from bmp to dds. Not sure what QJfireflyG1,G2,g3 ,g4 were?

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I may still have the old Firefly on one of the backup drives in my old dead desktop, along with O2006. Need to pull it and see. If so will....wait....

*remembers he dumped all his old Orbiter 2006 downloads on a CD/DVD somewhere*

Let me get back to you. If I find it either place, I can probably tell you what the different QJFirefly parts were. I know it had two detachable shuttles, a detachable cargo pad, and the Mule, along with some cargo containers.

**EDIT** Found the DVD with (what I thought were) all the Orbiter 2006 addons I'd ever downloaded. No joy on the Firefly. I'll let you know what I find when I pull the HD from the dinosaur.

**EDIT2** Found the Firefly zip. Looks like those are the meshes from [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3198"]Firefly Jumbo 2008 Edition[/ame]. This looks like an updated, second re-release of Jon's earlier Firefly work by zcochrane - Shawn Beard.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OK. I got the mule to work. ran into an issue though. When I apply thrust it looks like this.
qjnmule_zps189a2862.jpg

On the skid not sure what this mesh is
QJNSkid\\QJNSkidAG

As far as Jon permission.

"I have stripped out as much as I can from the 12 gig size of the fleet archives and gotten it down to about 500meg.
It's not complete and I make no claim that it can be used as is. I'm pretty sure that most of the pop-up panel stuff will not work as I don't think that the resource files are there. The models will not load textures unless you setup your folder structure as C:\Orbiter\Anim8or. Then just put all the folders in the zip into the Anim8or folder.

I also offered this package to Orbit Hangar Mods but have not gotten a reply back from them as to their interest.

If you decide to download the archive you can do with it as you wish. There are lots of models and textures as well as all the DLL code. There are no projects because it would have taken to much space.

I cannot lend any assistance so you are own your own with it."

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
From what I can see, exhaust flame texture doesn't have alpha channel or alpha channel is fully opaque.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
From what I can see, exhaust flame texture doesn't have alpha channel or alpha channel is fully opaque.

That was it. I fixed that.

So far I have the mule, skid, and shuttle.
RAGTAG1_zps07e9c890.jpg

From what I have this is the process I am doing:

Making the cpp and h a dll, Looking for the mesh in the code, loading it into anim8or and making into a mesh, and making a cfg for that vessel.

Then running it and adding that vessel. if not ctd then looking at the log to see if I missed a texture. All textures are being put into a single folder QJRT.

So I am reverse engineering. Questions galore. Like on the skid you can add UCGO cargo but he also has cargo for it. Can't find anything in the code how to select that.

On the shuttle. It looks like there are 2 QJFS1 and QJFS2. But only one QFS2 animator file.

If anyone has the original files that would be great.

I have No scenarios specific for them.

I will also update to Sound 4.0 and add UMMU.

I can compile most of them. Except if there is a POP up window. I am not able to do that as I have the free express version.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I can compile most of them. Except if there is a POP up window. I am not able to do that as I have the free express version.
What is the problem with them? Are they using MFC libraries?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well I think when i tried to do a pop up I ran into a resource file issue. But I haven't tried one of the Ragtag's vessels with a pop up as of yet.

I haven't been able to get the Firefly to load up as yet. I made a mesh for the Fireflyg1-4. But it loads up and goes to CTD. So I decided so go small the mule and skid first.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks I'll see if/when I get there. I found this:[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1268"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1268[/ame]

So I might use this as a base to redo the firefly.

Dr_Thomas

Reaction score
answer to some queries

Hello,

I am a colleague of Dr. Marcure and for a very brief time considered taking over the RTF process. I did query with Dr. Marcure as to some of your questions on firefly ship.

1. QJFireFlyG1, G2, G3 and G4 are direction paths for shuttles and mule. They show when shuttle automatic land is on. Same kind of thing for city and manifest ships. look at key code for keys or at notes files.

3. exhaust texture is missing for mule and need be put in main texture folder. should see name in code and should be part of texture folder in files he give you.

4. First first firefly is no good as model code for new one. Many things different for both. Jumbo no good also.

5. if textures all in same folder you may be in trouble with copy over of files with same name but different picture.

6. lots of moving parts in new firefly so old code form old ships not work at all.

7. two shuttles. 1 is blank with UMMU and maybe UCGO in it. Other is pretty with bed in it and no UMMU.

8. UCGO for empty skid only. No can have UCGO and doctors cargo at same time. code should be clear on how it is done. look at load section in code. That should also tell you how parameters work for all ships.

Sorry that is all I could get from him and he said he does not want to do more at later date. He is very upset with what happen to fleet and does not want to be part of orbiter any more.

I hope my english is good enough.

Dr. Marcure says it smells. ha ha

good by,

Dr. Thomas

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Ok I am going to add Ummu to the mule. But am running into issues. BAsically what i did is copy a good source code one that has UMMU and UCGO. change the names and then add in the mule cpp and H and any other file needed.

I get these as warnings:
QJNMule.cpp
.\QJNMule.cpp(351) : warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\string.h(74) : see declaration of 'strcpy'
.\QJNMule.cpp(618) : warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\stdio.h(366) : see declaration of 'sprintf'

On the skid. it is/was UCGO and had its own cargo. But why not make the skid cargo UCGO and then it is universal?
so depending on the type the mesh and weight are changed.
The default is allow UCGO cargo

Code:
switch (cargo_type){
		case 1:
             SetMeshVisibilityMode (AddMesh (oapiLoadMeshGlobal ("QJNSkid\\QJNSkidCar1")), MESHVIS_ALWAYS);
		     VESSEL2::SetEmptyMass (EMPTY_MASS + 25263.75 + cargo_mass);
	         break;

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok I think this is the way I will go. Make the shuttles UMMU/ucgo capable. MAke the SKID UCGo capable only. MAke the Mule UMMU capable. MAke the skid cargo UCGO cargo. On the skid the only way you could use the existing cargo was to make it part of the scenario. Upgrade to sound 4.0

UCGOSKID_zpse68a8192.jpg

SHUTTLE_zps377f044a.jpg

Dr_Thomas

Reaction score
Ok. I have all the firefly add-ons and I have Dr. Marcure's permission to upload if people want it.
The only problem is that the contact infrmation is not valid in the doc.
let me know and I will make account for add-ons.

MikeB

Reaction score
Dr_Thomas

Count me in as one who would love to have the Firefly add-ons.