Rag Tag Fleet

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have just stumbled over the "Rag Tag Fleet" addon for Orbiter; that contains several ships from Battlestar Galactica.

However, unfortunately, all the download links at

http://yankeeclippersmobile.com/Orbiter/page4.html

seem to be dead. There doesn't seem to be a mirror as the author did not give permission to host these files anywhere else. My hope is, though, that somebody might have these files downloaded and can share them? I'd really like to take a look at these.

cheers.
blane

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Oh? I didnt know i need to register to have more access... D'oh! Thanks, will do that right away!

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Sorry,but look like link on page for ship don't working...just looking on forum for links and can't find tham...:)(confuzed:()

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it would be the same links. Once I have my password I will post there -- maybe someone can halp. At least the forum still looks active.

-----Post Added-----

Okay, Someone on the RTF forums helped. All ships are available here:

http://yankeeclippersmobile.com/forum/index.php?topic=112.0

\o/

Looks really great.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Yeah, just downloading.:speakcool:
Some weeks ago I had the same problem.;)

Keatah

Reaction score
Anyone know who is currently working on the rtf project? What is in the works? what needs to be done yet?

These are very cool ships and deserve to be developed amap!

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
TGEP, Gattispilot and Jon are the 3 main dev's on RTF. They do have projects in the works but you have to check their individual hangars for details. Most of what is in the works atm is "space 1999" "Stargate Universe" and "Star Trek" related.

Keatah

Reaction score
Well Space-1999 is always a welcome thing.

On another note, I've somehow never thought Orbiter was/is the correct platform to develop StarTrek or StarWars stuff for the simple reason that the physics involved with trek are so far removed from what is simulated in orbiter. Though many of the add-ons look good and there *are* orbital operations to be completed.. Almost the same thing with BattleStar Galactica, You certainly can't do any sort of combat stuff in the Vipers - for example. I wonder how the X-plane platform handles that sort of thing?

But the 'deep space' stuff and cruising is just wonderful. Really. Well that's my opinion.

pilotrendevous

Reaction score
hey... it wont let me in to any of the links posted above, says i dont have permission because im not logged in. does anyone have a profile and password i can use so i can get the addons? PM me if you do. thanks!

Columbia42

Reaction score
AFAIK, RTF is gone for good so logging in at the site wouldn't help. I don't know if the addons are available anywhere else or how you would go about getting them.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I recall that a huge amount of random assorted material was sent to gattispilot, but he had no idea what to even do with it.

gagarin

Reaction score
I am sorry this fleet is now defunct - as I was emailing the author re making the Fireball Class vessel into an actual XL5 from the TV series - I told him that I had already repainted it to XL5 specifications but have the problem that the right side of the vessel lettering is mirrored - he was going to redo it and publish it - guess not now
Regards