Humor Random Comments Thread

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
35°C (95°F) this evening, 38°C (100.4°F) forecasted for Saturday. Pretty damn hot.

:hailprobe: for a good, violent storm !

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
35°C (95°F) this evening, 38°C (100.4°F) forecasted for Saturday. Pretty damn hot.

:hailprobe: for a good, violent storm !
Houston has reached 100F every day this month, and that's not expected to end soon.
105 at 2PM yesterday. 107 at 3PM a week ago. (in the shade)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
2 weeks ago we spent 17 days above 95 degrees. This week, we are in our 8th day of below-average temps. :blink:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
We have had the first sunny day here since weeks. Be nice and stop complaining. We had even temperatures down to 7°C in the morning.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Houston has reached 100F every day this month, and that's not expected to end soon.
105 at 2PM yesterday. 107 at 3PM a week ago. (in the shade)

This morning temperatures at DFW airport broke the "highest low" record: 87 degrees.

---------- Post added at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

In the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series, Marvin is supposed to be, at one point, 576 billion years old, and this is said to be 37 times the age of the universe. This, however, is based on older estimates of the age of the universe (15 billion years). When you plug in a modern estimate for the age of the universe, he turns out to be 42 times the age of the universe.

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

We have had the first sunny day here since weeks. Be nice and stop complaining. We had even temperatures down to 7°C in the morning.

Some of us would kill not to see the sun for a few weeks. Stop gloating. ;)

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I must be listening to too much Vocaloid, I can't understand why people can't tell the difference between them and everyone else wonders how I can tell the difference. :p

Not to mention my dad who keeps calling them "Japanese Chipmunks." :dry:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know what I have done on my birthday today, but both orbital launches today (see note below) (using Hong Kong standard time, of course) has failed. Must be my brain radiating out EM wave beams that could zap rocket control systems... :facepalm:

Note: Apart from the Proton failure earlier, the Chinese appears to have launched a military satellite roughly 5 hours ago (Shijian-11-04, the fourth satellite of a probable Chinese missile detection system), and no news about the launch has been reported, while several Chinese bloggers reported that the satellite had failed to reach orbit. This was officially confirmed as of 1 hour ago. More information here.)

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

I don't know what I have done on my birthday today, but both orbital launches today (see note below) (using Hong Kong standard time, of course) has failed. Must be my brain radiating out EM wave beams that could zap rocket control systems... :facepalm:

Note: Apart from the Proton failure earlier, the Chinese appears to have launched a military satellite roughly 5 hours ago (Shijian-11-04, the fourth satellite of a probable Chinese missile detection system), and no news about the launch has been reported, while several Chinese bloggers reported that the satellite had failed to reach orbit. This was not officially confirmed though.)

And they says that epic fails comes in three.... this video might be the third one... :rofl:

Last edited:

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Dammit, this has been annoying me for ages.
830px-Wsg.jpg

Does anyone know what that anime is in the left panel? I've been trying to figure it out for ages, but I can't. :(

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
40°C (104°F) today. Probably the hottest day of the year. Hard to be productive, slowing down to divert energy to thermoregulation is necessary...

diogom

Reaction score
40°C (104°F) today. Probably the hottest day of the year. Hard to be productive, slowing down to divert energy to thermoregulation is necessary...

Extend the radiators :lol:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When the external temp (40°C) is greater than the body temp (37°C), I guess that our "radiator parts" (like ears) just drive external heat into our blood ?

Sweating + fan + massive stock of fresh H2O is the only way to get some relief.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
When the external temp (40°C) is greater than the body temp (37°C), I guess that our "radiator parts" (like ears) just drive external heat into our blood ?

Sweating + fan + massive stock of fresh H2O is the only way to get some relief.

No AC? Dang, that's just tough.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Yesterday and today I went for my first drive across Nebraska. Hopefully it will also be my last.