PeriapsisPrograde

Wannabe addon dev
Reaction score
Planning my missions:
reality.png

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
Baby girl, yes. Three kids, all born on a Wednesday. I guess my own addon cycle is a day behind. I shall adjust my Orbiter addon release schedule to match.

I too was born on a Wednesday.

As we know, Wednesday is pronounced "wendsday", with two syllables. However, the spelling of the word indicates three (wed-nes-day). Why?

The Invisible Mispronunciation Society (IMS) is a secret global grammatical conspiracy who's goal is to create words which are pronounced incorrectly and to integrate them into languages. They have been around for thousands of years and have wreaked havoc on almost every language in human history. They have also been responsible for the tragedies we know of as silent letters. Now, you've been informed...

EDIT: Seriously speaking, I really was born on Wednesday.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
As we know, Wednesday is pronounced "wendsday", with two syllables. However, the spelling of the word indicates three (wed-nes-day). Why?

The Invisible Mispronunciation Society (IMS) is a secret global grammatical conspiracy who's goal is to create words which are pronounced incorrectly and to integrate them into languages. They have been around for thousands of years and have wreaked havoc on almost every language in human history. They have also been responsible for the tragedies we know of as silent letters. Now, you've been informed...
Well, it's a latin alphabet used to write down english language.
That bound to cause distortions.

But it's nothing compared to french where, legend has it, the medieval clerks were paid for writing on a per-letter basis. So, many words were written with the largest amount of letters possible, completely obliterating any write-as-you-hear-it opportunities.

On the other hand, there is cyrillic script, which was hand-tailored to the russian language. In it you write as you hear, minding some straightforward rules and a few exceptions.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score

But it's nothing compared to french where, legend has it, the medieval clerks were paid for writing on a per-letter basis. So, many words were written with the largest amount of letters possible, completely obliterating any write-as-you-hear-it opportunities.

On the other hand, there is cyrillic script, which was hand-tailored to the russian language. In it you write as you hear, minding some straightforward rules and a few exceptions.

Joy=killed

:cry:

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score

...and that's what they want you to think!

:rofl:

Linguofreak

Reaction score

Not rilie. It's feirlie iesie tue cʌm ʌp with ʌ cʌnsistint wei ʌv rʌiting Inglish with thʌ Roumin alfʌbet. Thʌ big problʌm is that wie rʌit Inglish as it was spoukin sevin hʌndrid yiers agou, and havint had a speling riefourm in ol that taim. Nauʌdeis its olmoust imposibl tou git enie moumentʌm biehaind ʌ speling riefourm.

(Their or olsou signifikint difrinsis bitwien daiʌlects, ispeshʌlie on iethr said ʌv thie Atlantic).

ʌnʌthr problʌm, thou les impourtint, is that of fainding a rieformd speling that looks diesint.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
ʌnʌthr problʌm, thou les impourtint, is that of fainding a rieformd speling that looks diesint.

WHY W0uLD 4 n3w w4y 0f 5P3LLin' L00K m0r3 D34c3n7 7h4n 73H w4y J00're U53D 70? ;)

If people here start discussing nuckelar rocket engines, I will leave the forum! :lol:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I was referring to the mother, but that's great to know too! :lol:

Hehe, well that's not much of an assumption. I don't know many guys who can squeeze one of those out!

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Hehe, well that's not much of an assumption. I don't know many guys who can squeeze one of those out!

:lol: I should have also mentioned you misunderstood the whole thing!
I was trying to not make the assumption that she was the mother of all three. And if she was, thanking her for three orbinauts!

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
:lol: I should have also mentioned you misunderstood the whole thing!
I was trying to not make the assumption that she was the mother of all three. And if she was, thanking her for three orbinauts!

Oh I see! Sibz is the mother to two of my three children and biologically I am the father to two of them as well. We meet in the middle where my oldest daughter is concerned, and she knows me as her dad, so that's how that works.

Mum and baby are now finally home from hospital. :)

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I swear, my blood pressure rises dramatically whenever I see some of the views expressed in the NationStates general section. That is one of the few places that is able to get me angry enough to just leave.:dry:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
This was posted with my TV and by remote control!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Maybe when I get home I'll post using my Wii Wireless Keyboard?

Or would that be a Wiireless Wiiboard?