Humor Random Comments Thread

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
As someone who gets sick after ten minutes of 3D movies...

The headache came early, the nausea later. I wasn't expecting to get nauseous. But after using the thing for two hours, I needed a four hour nap. :/ I suppose I would get a headache if I stuck my face two inches from my monitor as well. :p

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Updated to Windows 8.1.
It took all day to actually download. Then when it finished it gave me 15 minutes to save stuff before restart. No choice to delay. The restart took forever. Glad I wasn't in the middle of anything important.
I now have to log-in using my Windows Live account.
It starts up at that awful Metro screen now. I got the opposite of what people wanted.
And AVG is now broken. It says it can't verify its database. If I click the 'fix' button, it gives error after error every few seconds until I restart.

EDIT: Okay, someone helped me with the start-to-desktop thing. And I just decided to use a PIN to log-in now. :p

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, good idea by Musk. But LiPoly batteries also burn underwater. Back to the drawing board.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Did you know... that the atmosphere at the Venus surface is not gaseous, but actually a supercritical liquid phase of carbon dioxide?

No surprise that the Deltaglider should actually float in some few kilometers altitude there.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
BWyBkY_CUAASUq_.jpg:large

99IpErk.jpg

Last edited:

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Last edited:

MattBaker

Reaction score
SpiceIt... bleh... :sick:

;)

The rule is "The last major rocket launch becomes new desktop".
Which means SpaceX's rule ends with India launching their Mars mission.;)

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Inspiration for Mr Monroe perhaps?

I'll nitpick and note that the creater of xkcd is not the US president James Monroe.
Additionally he became 29 yesterday, not 255 in April. One year longer and James Monroe will use up another...curse you Randall Munroe turning me to binary thinking!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'll nitpick and note that the creater of xkcd is not the US president James Monroe.
Additionally he became 29 yesterday, not 255 in April. One year longer and James Monroe will use up another...curse you Randall Munroe turning me to binary thinking!

You know one of my Urwumpe theories had him being Munroe. If you can overlook the German nationality thing, it all fits perfectly; the abundant posts here, detailed knowledge of vast subjects, knowledge of IT and engineering.

Of course the site admins would probably notice if the IP address was not in fact German, but MAYBE THEYRE PART OF THE CONSPIRACY TOO!!!

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

MattBaker

Reaction score
You know one of my Urwumpe theories had him being Munroe. If you can overlook the German nationality thing, it all fits perfectly; the abundant posts here, detailed knowledge of vast subjects, knowledge of IT and engineering.

Well, he has surely A) educated himself very well about the history of the hometown of his fake alias. B) even made trips to his fake hometown.

If someone puts so much effort into appearing to be German he usually becomes our dictator and leads us into total war.

And thanks for making me feel weird that I remember certain posts by Urwumpe...there's §238 (1) 3. of the StGB you know.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, he has surely A) educated himself very well about the history of the hometown of his fake alias. B) even made trips to his fake hometown.

If someone puts so much effort into appearing to be German he usually becomes our dictator and leads us into total war.

And thanks for making me feel weird that I remember certain posts by Urwumpe...there's §238 (1) 3. of the StGB you know.

Cant access the first link, therefore you must be part of the conspiracy too!!!

WAKE UP SHEEEPLE, WAKE UP SHEEPLE, WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

(Although I ultimately cant think of why on Earth there would be so much effort put into this, when Munroe could just as easily create a US account and be done with it)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Installing Windows 8.1 with 3711 floppy discs : challenge accepted.

Uuh... this is so nightmarish I can't even think to it. An informatic version of Hell 2.0 ! Imagine you get tired and make a package fall in disorder... "So where is the #2356 ??" :shifty:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You may not have activated the Basement, which you have to register and accept to see because...well...it's complicated.

Ah yes, never bothered with it, cant see any purpose to starting stupid arguments in the first place anyways.

But a thought experiment for you: the picture posted above doesnt show Urwumpe, does it? How hard would it be for him to post general pictures like that of his "hometown" & simply research the rest on the internet?

(please note: Im not meaning this that seriously, but it is a funny thought isn't it? )

MattBaker

Reaction score
How hard would it be for him to post general pictures like that of his "hometown" & simply research the rest on the internet?

Why would someone from the US seriously do this?
If I'd be from Boston, MA and want to hide I'll A) never mention where exactly I'm from B) pick something like NYC, Baltimore, DC.

Additionally, picking a totally different nation to your real one is pretty obvious pretty fast looking at the issues you care about, the basic education you got, the knowledge you have about a topic.
Ask an American, an European and a Chinese about an issue. You'll be really lucky if you get less than three opinions.

Creating fake identities on the internet that are still believable and realistic should become part of my resume...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why would someone from the US seriously do this?

Well, what would you do, hypothetically speaking, to pretend to be actually from............*rolls globe* .......... Derby, Kansas?

MattBaker

Reaction score
Well, what would you do, hypothetically speaking, to pretend to be actually from............*rolls globe* .......... Derby, Kansas?

Since 95% of orbinauts don't even know more than ten towns and five counties in Kansas you're pretty much on the safe side by saying "I'm from Kansas.".:lol: