Humor Random Comments Thread

indonesianorbinaut

Reaction score
14.jpg

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
So today I decided to make an apple pie from scratch, but I kinda forgot to invent the universe first. Can anyone help me? :shrug:

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I can't quite tell what, but something doesn't look right in the sky. :shrug:
Uh oh, it's worse than I thought. At least I might have given the world a reason to fund manned spaceflight.

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This just doesn't make sense...
Why is it, that the woman you love so much, so much that every cell of your body says, its her or no one else, just doesn't realize how much love is involved?

I am honest, and my feelings are true! More true than anything else I have felt before. I just want her, to be by my side for the rest of my life. My feelings developed over months during the relationship. The tricky thing is, the better I got to know her, the more I thought "wow, what an astonishing, lovely, warm-hearted, woman she is." If feelings develop this way, it feels much more true and real to me.

And she just quits on me, essentially saying she found someone else "more suitable".

My frustration reaches a new top. My heart is torn all over the place.

Yeah, I know, there's a lot of fish in the sea, but how much longer do I have to keep searching?
Is true love something unrealistic, which I hope to find, but will never happen? Do I search for something that can never be found in any individual beside myself? Is the universe playing tricks on me?

It seems ironic, but the older you get, the more unanswered questions there are.

I think I need a therapy.

Sorry for that this post being not exactly funny, as the originator of this thread probably intended. I just wanted to vent this.
My guess though is, there won't be answers, there are only alternatives. But this is so absolutely un-romantic, I never have wanted this to be the truth, but here I go, tought a different lesson.

I want to cry. Seriously, I am feeling really devastated these days, for a few weeks already. Any feedback is very welcome. Thank you a lot.

Last edited:

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that FordPrefect.
But they do say that time heals all wounds, I'm sure you'll find someone else, just give it time.

I'm not too good with speeches, but if you want to cry, then cry, if you think it'll help.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Sorry to hear too. It's happened to me once, although I don't want to recall it :( .

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
It's happened to me, it happens to everyone at some point. I got over it, and I'm sure you will too. :cheers:

RichWall

Sage Brush
Addon Developer
Reaction score
@ FordPrefect,

You do not need therapy in a formal sense, maybe informal.

Be with friends you trust and try, if possible, to not make it too personal.

The "All is fair in Love and War" accolade will not help, but some truth exists within it.

You could be perfect for her, but the intimacy space could be uncomfortable.

Sometimes control issues can surface.

I've seen couples that have lived together for 7-10 years together break up before 1 year of marriage afterwords.

The sub-conscious ways in and confuses the conscious. Past family issues, unspoken, could be involved.

The focus now should be the time you had together for what it was, for a time, a successful gathering.

As the pain rests and the reason comes again, let Time have it's share.

Never a need to feel bad for being human.

Last edited:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I can't quite tell what, but something doesn't look right in the sky. :shrug:
Those are Phobos and Deimos, orbiting a paradise of a terraformed Mars. :hello:

Also, really sorry to hear that, FordPrefect. It's at least good you are able to vent to us, and able to resolve that you may want to get counseling. That's actually a big step already.

I kind of know the feeling...kind of. ;u;

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
I tried out the demo for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, and it was pretty good. I'm kinda sad that it doesn't have the realism i had expected, but it was fun to play.

On that note, I'm not sure why people debate whether Ace Combat or HAWX is better, I like to play both, I think they're both good games. :shrug:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I noticed something pretty interesting today:

Buran.jpg

Clearly, ice has formed on the boosters, similar to the tanks of other kerolox-powered boosters frosting over. Vibrations from the engines starting up has liberated this ice from the tank skin.

Great care was taken during the STS program to ensure that ice would not form on the external tank. Why were the Soviet engineers not worried about ice from the boosters damaging the Buran shuttle's TPS? Was the velocity not high enough to be a threat at that point in the flight? Did the trajectory of the falling fragments not pose a problem?

Or was Buran's TPS more resilient than that of the Shuttle?

Interesting thought to ponder. :hmm: