Humor Random Comments Thread

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I remember this day that the first EF5 tornado hit Greensburg and leveled nearly 95% of the entire town... :shifty:

qlQuIWA.png

And info on the beast, http://www.jondavies.net/050407greensburg/050407greensburg.htm

I drove through there a few days ago. It sure as hell doesn't look like it got swept by a tornado, really impressive.

Kosiiq

Reaction score
It is highly unlikely that a "Mars reality TV show" will happen.
Last I heard they were going pretty strong... Plan to launch the first four to Mars in 2020-something. Apparantly selected crew as well.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Turns out that our Orb has just won [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Kentucky_Derby"]a pretty big competition in the US[/ame]..... :ninja:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Random question to native english speakers - is there in english a metaphorical association between a woodpecker and an idiot?
Like, being someone who's head is only good as a hammer?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
yeah: :beathead:! :lol:

Ok, saw this in the "pocket skeleton" thread, and figured I'd lift it to here:
For some Frankenstein rockets, I would have claimed, that they are so ugly, that Earth is repelled by them. :lol:

Accurately describes the majority of my interplanetary rockets in KSP! :p

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Random question to native english speakers - is there in english a metaphorical association between a woodpecker and an idiot?

Use your head for more than a battering ram?

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score

No, although they're not considered especially bright either. My uncle does have an amusing story about being disrupted by a woodpecker pecking at a metal sheet while he was resting during chemo treatments. Its actually quite funny too :).

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I've often heard (and used) a phrase about someone being dumber than a box of hammers, but I think I like that one about using a persons head as a hammer. Pretty good.

On a separate note, I'm not too much into Miku. Mainly because I think I just don't "get" the whole scene, but, some of these cosplayers... Mmmm, well, real-life over cartoon any day.

http://geekxgirls.com/article.php?ID=692

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I've often heard (and used) a phrase about someone being dumber than a box of hammers, but I think I like that one about using a persons head as a hammer. Pretty good.

On a separate note, I'm not too much into Miku. Mainly because I think I just don't "get" the whole scene, but, some of these cosplayers... Mmmm, well, real-life over cartoon any day.

http://geekxgirls.com/article.php?ID=692
But that's the beauty of Miku: she doesn't have to be real to be hot:thumbup: And because she's not real, the feminazi types can't rag you for ogling her:) (at least not credibly--that's not to say they won't try...)

Cartoon or not, I could watch Vocaloid videos all day, especially "Change Me". Go YouTube that one, and really now, tell me you don't get at least slightly increase bloodflow;)