Flight Question Refuelling the Delta Glider.

sudharaka

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I started using Orbiter quite recently and found it really interesting. But I have two simple questions about Delta Glider.

1) After landing can we refuel the ship? How can we do so?

2) Is there a way to turn the spaceship on the runaway? Sometimes after landing I want to move it on the runaway and turn it to the opposite direction to take off again.

Thanks you.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hi there, welcome to OF.

Refuelling the DeltaGlider in space is possible with an MFD called [ame=http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3320] Fuel MFD [/ame]. You can use it to pull fuel out of the ISS or another station and refuel the DG that way. By default, Orbiter will refuel a ship when it lands on a landing pad, for instance at Brighton Beach on the moon. This happens automatically and instantly, IIRC. You can turn that behaviour off.

The DG can be turned around on the runway using the main engines at low thrust. Use the numpad 1 and 3 keys to steer left and right while on the ground. (These keys initiate yaw while in flight.)

sudharaka

Reaction score
Hi there, welcome to OF.

Refuelling the DeltaGlider in space is possible with an MFD called Fuel MFD . You can use it to pull fuel out of the ISS or another station and refuel the DG that way. By default, Orbiter will refuel a ship when it lands on a landing pad, for instance at Brighton Beach on the moon. This happens automatically and instantly, IIRC. You can turn that behaviour off.

The DG can be turned around on the runway using the main engines at low thrust. Use the numpad 1 and 3 keys to steer left and right while on the ground. (These keys initiate yaw while in flight.)

Dear Xyon,

Thank you for your quick reply. But can you please tell me if the MFD you told about only refuels in space stations? How can we refuel after landing in a runaway?

Thank you.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
No, fuelMFD won't allow you to refuel on a runway. Vessels like the DGIV and the XR series can do this with their internal fuel systems, but as far as I know the scenario editor is the only way to refuel the stock DG on the runway.

I could be totally wrong about that, but I hope not. I don't fly the stock DG very often anymore.

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Turning on a runway can be achieved by Hielor's NoseWheelTurn, found on OrbitHangar. As for refueling..scenario editor?

sudharaka

Reaction score
Dear Kaito/Xyon,

Thank you for the clarifications. The problem is solved.

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
How about the cool fuel truck in UCGO? You can't deny it's pretty sweet.

kevinvr

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

1) After landing can we refuel the ship? How can we do so?

Thanks you.

If you use the DGIV:
Use the ctrl/down arrows to get the bottom panel. In the top left corner you will see ----Fuel and Engine System. Click on the Fuel hatch button. the light will go green and you will hear the truck pulling up. The the pressure numbers(in blue) will go to 10.3 then press the ext(button below the numbers(external input valve) and turn the selector button to main to fill up the main tank and rcs to fill up the RCS tank. when you done switch buttons off and you will hear the truck go away. You can do this anywhere you want if you are on the ground. If you have docked do the same except instead of pressing external input valve button, press the Dock Input valve button.
Enjoy the DGIV it is great to fly. I use it all the time! Have fun!!

Last edited: