[GER] Request for help with translating to German...

flyer

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

First of all happy new year to everyone.

I have a request for help with translating a few words into German that I can read at a birthday party.

I wanted to ask if there was a native German speaker (or fluent foreigner) that would be able to translate a short speech for me. It is very personal and I would like to be able to say some nice words to my girlfriend (the birthday girl) in her native tongue about my feelings and to wish her a lovely day etc.

I am just adding the finishing touches to exactly what I want to say (in English) and I have tried running it through google translate but of course the word order/meaning will most likely not be preserved! I realise that the phrases may not translate directly, but if there is someone willing to get it sounding as normal as possible while keeping the original sentiment that would be fantastic.

As the words are quite personal I would appreciate if someone who is willing to help could send me a personal message and I can send through the words to you there.

If there is anyone who can do this I would be very grateful!

Thanks very much for reading,

Steve

flyer

Reaction score
Hi there again everyone,

Just an update to my request, I was offered help by three forum members, a special thank you goes out to them.

I managed to say what I wanted to say without sounding like google translate!

Everybody wanted to know how I got this translated, so I told them it was someone from my "Space Shuttle" forum! It is easier to describe it as that than explain what Orbiter is!

So thanks again and safe flights!

Steve