Question Revell ISS model

thesnorklemonkey

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey there guys, I hope this is the right place to be asking about this.

I'm looking at buying a model of the ISS from Revell. The scale is 1:144. I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this model and could tell me if it's worth my while.

I purchased and built a Saturn V from Revell recently, and it was 100% worth it.

Thanks!

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
You mean the Revell #4841 model?

revell-4841-station-spatiale.jpg

I don't have it so I can't tell you if it's really worth or not, and I couldn't find more detailed photos of it or showing its pieces, but comparing to the Revell #4736 - 1:144 Discovery model which I have (this one I made in the launch configuration on the crawler), which was worth its price and time, it should be great too.

Now when you tell me about this, I'm thinking about buying it too. But I would need to buy another Revell's Discovery, which I would glue to the ISS this time, since they are the same scale, and find a place they could be hanged. :lol:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
You mean the Revell #4841 model?

Just as a note, that ISS configuration is now outdated. However, it should be possible to adapt it to show the current configuration, albeit with a bit of bodging! :lol:

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I can recommend it; although as has been previously stated, it will need some modification to reflect the actual "as-built" configuration. Just as a side note, several years ago a group of instructors from JSC (the station-side of the house) visited me on an exchange of benchmarking services, and I had them over to the house one night for dinner and drinks. While giving them a tour of the house and my model collection, one of the group remarked that my model of the ISS (the Revell model I had built) was better than the model they had in Houston. I really appreciated that! I still have that model, and it has been helpful when working on the ISS fleet!

Turbinator

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any particular high quality ISS model.
Price is no object, however quality and even more specifically, small detail is what is important.

Phillips

Regular witty saying title.
Reaction score
Its not really that detailed, it has the cancelled Emergency Escape Ship, I have the Space models one, or whatever they call it. It's prepainted.

Revell if you have the time to paint and build, Space models if you have the money.

thesnorklemonkey

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I can recommend it; although as has been previously stated, it will need some modification to reflect the actual "as-built" configuration. Just as a side note, several years ago a group of instructors from JSC (the station-side of the house) visited me on an exchange of benchmarking services, and I had them over to the house one night for dinner and drinks. While giving them a tour of the house and my model collection, one of the group remarked that my model of the ISS (the Revell model I had built) was better than the model they had in Houston. I really appreciated that! I still have that model, and it has been helpful when working on the ISS fleet!
Well what I might do is make some modifications and actually put it in phase 2 configuration, but that's a big maybe. Otherwise, I don't have a huge problem with the configuration being a bit outdated.

And if your Revell model is better than Houston's, I'm sold. Haha. The Saturn V I bought from them (through Buzz Aldrin's website) was great. A really fun project for anyone interested in making models. They only ship to the US, but I'm sure anyone can find something on eBay.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't know about the ISS in particular, but I was never disapointed by a Revell model. If they didn't have a significant drop in quality over the past decade, and you have some skill at putting the thing together and painting it, I don't think you can go wrong.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Why buy or build when you have the best model of the ISS there is.

ISS1.jpg

It doesn't take up any room , doesn't make waves with the wife , collect dust , you don't have to worry about the grand kids breaking it and best of all, IT'S FREE. :thumbup:

You can even show different configuration during construction.

STS-97.jpg
whatmission.jpg

Also other missions.
EVA2.jpg
FSGreplace.jpg

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
prolly because he doesn't have a holographic emitter to display the thing on the cupboard... :p

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
That's too bad. I thought everyone did.:facepalm:

thesnorklemonkey

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ahaha. I have plenty experience with that model. Time for a change. :lol:

Though the ISS in Orbiter would look amazing if you could play in 3D. There's an idea.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think it's possible.

Attachments

• STS-98 crossed.jpg
    STS-98 crossed.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 27

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I think it's possible.
Nah, this type of 3D projection doesn't work for me (and I don't want to edit the picture just to exchange left/right image). Or should the Earth be nearer than the ISS? :p

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Not on my monitor. Anyone else have that problem ??

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Not on my monitor. Anyone else have that problem ??
Not a monitor problem. I simply prefer looking at infinity instead of my nose. :)

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you couldn't view it properly. It is just an example of what it could look like (the picture in the middle that is) with 3D glasses ala Avitarish viewing, without looking at you nose.;)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you couldn't view it properly.
But that's right. I can't view it properly. I can view properly only parallel view stereoscopic images (without using glasses of any kind). I just wanted to say that not all people will see the 3D depth properly from your image, but inverted instead.