Question Reviving old favorites

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Probably an oft-asked and old question (though a search turned up nothing recent), but has anyone attempted to revive the old favorite add-ons Vespucci-D and TTM24, which stopped working with the 2010 release? Has there been any progress, or are the issues insurmountable? Just curious.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I think it's more of a problem of getting permission from the owners. I've been working on doing some meshes for my own vision of TTM24, but my coding skills are amateur, so I'm happy to just work on meshes for now. As much as I like the originals, I think they need to be updated to reflect less Colliers and more reality. Don't get me wrong, the world of Colliers instilled in me the romantic notion of future spaceflight, so the whole idea in near and dear to me.

And, the Vespucci, whew! I thought that it was pretty cool to arrive in Saturn's orbit with more fuel than when I left LEO. I'd done a repaint of it to be a hospital ship (USNS Mercy). If I can find it I'll post it.

dacamp66

Reaction score
IIRC: I believe the Vespucci D was abandoned because the author lost the source files when his computer crashed & burned.
this MAY be the one of the reasons the hius interstellar ramjet was created. (Hius-070823-0.5.1.zip)

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
IIRC: I believe the Vespucci D was abandoned because the author lost the source files when his computer crashed & burned.
Maybe one of the talented ship makers could try and rebuild the Vespucci D,or even improve it,but that would be up to the author.

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
this MAY be the one of the reasons the hius interstellar ramjet was created. (Hius-070823-0.5.1.zip)

I believe that is correct.

You know, in all honesty, I dont see it as a really pressing need to update old add-ons like this. They were great for their time, but better and newer add-ons are released every week. Restoring something like the Vespucci-D would be quite a bit of work when you can still appreciate it in Orbiter 2003 anyways.

:hail: The one add-on that never goes out of style

:hailprobe:

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was asking about Vespucci was more for nostalgia, but TTM24 was a really good comprehensive add-on package and a very cool concept. I'm sorry it's gone.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I was asking about Vespucci was more for nostalgia, but TTM24 was a really good comprehensive add-on package and a very cool concept. I'm sorry it's gone.

Just get new meshes and a daily pizza delivery contract. :rolleyes:

dacamp66

Reaction score
I agree with Mr. Goode about the TTM24 Project, this is something we need for orbiter 2k10. Perhaps an expansion as well (more lunar destinations, some form of earth surface to orbit LV(maybe the DGEX with a drop in "personnel module" or maybe just the stock xr2?) Etc.) this has the potential to become a major project :thumbup::thumbup:. oh, and before i forget,:hailprobe:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I agree with Mr. Goode about the TTM24 Project, this is something we need for orbiter 2k10. Perhaps an expansion as well (more lunar destinations, some form of earth surface to orbit LV(maybe the DGEX with a drop in "personnel module" or maybe just the stock xr2?) Etc.) this has the potential to become a major project :thumbup::thumbup:. oh, and before i forget,:hailprobe:

Just for clarification, why was TTM24 so great. I remember hearing a lot of orbinauts talk about it back in the day, but I never tried it myself, so I don't know why?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Here's some TTM24 background.

http://www.nss.org/settlement/moon/LANTR.html

What I've been trying to mesh up is based on this (same site, under the LUNOX header)

lunox07.jpg

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
BruceJohnJennerLawso: It was based on a NASA study. It had launchers, orbiters, space stations, orbital fueling depots, lunar landers, bases; there were tutorials that came with it... it was a very comprehensive "possible future" add-on package based on realistic technology.

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You know, in all honesty, I dont see it as a really pressing need to update old add-ons like this. They were great for their time, but better and newer add-ons are released every week. Restoring something like the Vespucci-D would be quite a bit of work when you can still appreciate it in Orbiter 2003 anyways.

Actually, the Vespucci D and the exploreur were quite a grievious loss, as they were the best of only a small handfull of interplanetary vessels that provided some ammount of simulation.

They were a major inspiration for IMS, as I wanted to solve that problem once and for all. Turns out, I'm still doing it twice... :shifty:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually, the Vespucci D and the exploreur were quite a grievious loss, as they were the best of only a small handfull of interplanetary vessels that provided some ammount of simulation.

They were a major inspiration for IMS, as I wanted to solve that problem once and for all. Turns out, I'm still doing it twice... :shifty:

Well, I think the Arrow is now a good replacement of the Vespucci D... But does somebody remember the old Helios?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I never could get the Helios to do much. It was for Orbiter '05 (I think??)
I'd tried it with '06, but like I said I could get it to do anything. Twas a big ship though, and kinda cool looking with that long front end.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Yeah! I remember the Helios it had a lot of cool features,but like Phantom said I also couldn't get it to work right in orbiter 2006,maybe it would be a good idea to try it with orbiter 2010 thou.