Gaming Running Eagle Lander 3D on Windows 7

Lanzfeld

Reaction score
I hope this is an acceptable place to post this.
Has anyone got Eagle Lander 3d to work on Windows 7?

I have tried 2.12 and the 2.15 F version but no go. I have sent the Dev an email but no response.

If anyone can help please PM me or direct me to a place with info!

Thanks!

Lanzfeld

Reaction score
Nobody can run this on windows 7?

I am bummed as this was one of the better simulations on the LM.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
I hope this is an acceptable place to post this.
Has anyone got Eagle Lander 3d to work on Windows 7?

I have tried 2.12 and the 2.15 F version but no go. I have sent the Dev an email but no response.

If anyone can help please PM me or direct me to a place with info!

Thanks!

Nobody can run this on windows 7?

I am bummed as this was one of the better simulations on the LM.

Have you tried runnig the application in Compatibility Mode?

SpacemanSpiff

Reaction score
I have run EL3D on Windows 7 for a long time now. It works fine.

go to http://www.eaglelander3d.com/downloads/

Be sure you have EL3DSetup215rcF.exe

Mine runs without compatibility mode.

My sadness is that I can't get it to run on Win 8... compatibility mode or no.

Good luck!

SS

drakulton

Reaction score
Eaglelander3d on windows 7

Hi Guys,

Eaglelander3d will run on win 7, 8 and 8.1
If you are installing version 2.15 then you may have to manually put msvcr71.dll into the system 32 folder in windows on 32 bit OSs or the syswow64 folder on 64 bit systems. The simulator requires the dll to run but it is not part of a windows OS although it is commonly installed as part of other programs.

Installing the nvidia utility 'ntune' installs the .dll file that also gets version 2.15 up and running. https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/drivers/ntune-5052500/

There is a forum group that can help if you are still having issues.

https://groups.io/g/eaglelander

Last edited:

drakulton

Reaction score
Running Eagle Lander 3D on Windows 7,8,8.1,10 and vista

Hi all,

As per previous post, Eaglelander3d version 2.15 will run on all versions of Windows from XP onwards, as long as the MSVCR71.DLL is added to windows.

For those trying to get version 2.12 to work on windows vista or later will need to install the vista-patch. This unfortunately is only available from the Eaglelander3d yahoo group files download section.

or I can email members a copy of the patch if they wish.

Last edited:

earthbound

Reaction score
old version of eagle lander

Hello all, i have a old version of the sim , and haven´t thought of running it on the new win 7 maschine. but now i found this old thread and new hope is rising. i got the older version 2.12 and can´t find the newer version that seems to work . can anybody help??
Thank you very much

drakulton

Reaction score
EL3D and Win7

The latest version 2.15 is available from the link on the Eagle Lander 3D yahoo groups homepage. The version you want is 2.15F

You may have to read the previous posts on this forum or look at the FAQs on the EL3D yahoo group to get the sim running.

drakulton

Reaction score
Eagle Lander 3D Vista patch

extra info
Hi all,

As per previous post, Eaglelander3d version 2.15 will run on all versions of Windows from XP onwards, as long as the MSVCR71.DLL is added to windows.

For those trying to get version 2.12 to work on windows vista or later will need to install the vista-patch. This unfortunately is only available from the Eaglelander3d yahoo group files download section.

or I can email members a copy of the patch if they wish.

Just for info:

The Vista patch installs the dx8vb.dll file, an XP era component of directX. It can be installed manually by putting the dx8vb.dll file in the system32 folder in 32 bit window OS's. For 64 bit windows OS's the .dll file must be placed in both the system32 folders and syswow64 folders in windows. You will have to register the dll to get the sim to work.

Last edited:

drakulton

Reaction score
Eagle Lander 3D and Windows 10

Good news for all those upgrading to Windows 10. Both versions 2.12 and 2.15 run in Windows 10 without issue...... As long as the required .dlls -Vista patch are added/installed.

drakulton

Reaction score
Eagle Lander 3D issue fix videos

I've uploaded three videos highlighting some of the more common issues

associated with getting both versions 2.12 and 2.15 to run and graphics anomalies.

The videos show the problem and the fix, and link to the Eagle Lander 3D groups io FAQs which give a much more comprehensive overview of the issues and solutions.

EL3D v2.12 Vista patch / dx8vb.dll file installation

EL3D v2.15 Sim stops working / missing msvcr71.dll file

and EL3D 2.12 Black, square artefact

Last edited:

drakulton

Reaction score
Eagle Lander 3D lost activation code/serial number

Hi Guys,

Another short video to assist anyone who has lost their EL3D activation code/serial number, using either the eSellerate website or the modified Magical Jelly Bean keyfinder utility that's available in the Eagle Lander 3D Yahoo Group's files section.

drakulton

drakulton

Reaction score
Eagle Lander 3D VR

Hi Guys,

The creator of Eagle Lander 3D has just posted this on the Eagle Lander 3D Yahoo group.

Hey All,

I put on YouTube a 1min video showing a few of the visualizations and interactions I have started working on. This is extremely early development and keep in mind the spacecraft interior is at about 10% development with fake place holders and missing stuff everywhere. The idea though is to look at the technique of flying and using the instruments as if you are actually there.

IF any of you have Oculus Rift CV1 with the Touch Controllers, send me an email and I will send you a link to the application so you can try it. If you don't have this stuff - forget it. You won't see anything.

Standing in the LM (yes you are standing in real life with the headset on holding the controllers) and moving about, touching the controls (yes there is a little haptic feedback) it is just awesome!

Let me know what you think - and I encourage all of you to run out and get oculus!

Regards,

Ron

drakulton

Reaction score
Eagle Lander update

Hi All,

The creator of EL3D posted on the yahoo group forum, more info on the latest release called ELVR see below.

He's also posted a video of his latest work on youtube

and updated the Eagle Lander website.

http://www.eaglelander3d.com/index.html

Hey All,

Well I am working like mad on the new version. It will be called Eagle Lander VR. That’s a hint for you guys to get your headsets. It will support both HTC and Oculus.

In the meantime since EL3D is so old I am going to just make it free to anyone until the new one comes out. I created a generic SN:

EL3D Generic

eagle3d000-7D0F-GP05-SKCL-1S61-8F05

So if you ever lose yours you can just use this one. The whole licensing model will be different with the new version though.

I hope to have some alpha test versions out that a few of you can try. I hesitantly made a video showing a stream of thought of some basic flow of the new version. The reason I was hesitant is because it really doesn’t do the new version justice as it is a work in progress. However, I can’t tell you how fantastic it is in VR. If you have not experienced VR for simulation – it is a game changer for realism.

The plan is to have Apollo 11 mission ready for the anniversary. The other missions should follow in their order as their anniversaries come up.

The new moon is just awesome. I have used LROC and LOLA data to make a super high resolution version. There are still patchy coverage around some of the landing sites mostly on the approach paths so those are stochastically modelled to some degree.

I am going to finally update the website to reflect what is going on too…..hopefully later today.

Best Regards,

Ron

drakulton

Reaction score
Hello again

This is the latest from the ELVR developer.

Hey all,

Ok, I have good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first. Oh wait, you don’t have a choice. Good news first.

The first release is going to be entirely free. It will be like the “free” version of EL3D in that you can shoot the approach in P66.

The bad news is that all of the features of ELVR will take a few more months of work. I have the infrastructure in place but just don’t have the time to get it all together by the anniversary. I am forcing myself to concentrate on features pertinent to the short approach and related requirements. I have put a lot of work into scenery out to the entire extent of PDI but you won’t see it on the first release. Once I have P63 up and running you will see it all. LROC data is awesome. But you know what is actually better photos? – Apollo 10. They shot the entire approach with lighting similar to the 11 mission. However for some reason just as they got within 20km or so of the landing site, the film roll ends. But LROC helps a lot.

Right now ELVR supports Vive and Oculus. I have bought a Samsung headset to see about compiling for Windows Mixed Reality supported by a bunch of other headsets. However, that involves the dreaded Microsoft store and related issues. If I have any time I will try to get a WMR version out soon after the “normal” Vive / Oculus one.

OK – back to work…

Regards,

Ron

drakulton

Reaction score
More from the developer

'Hey All,

I will have “something” in about a week. I won’t have a commercial release yet because it just isn’t ready for prime time. However, I will send the link to all you guys to try it. I was really hoping for more by now – but it is taking way longer than I guessed. Gosh I did all this once before 15 years ago!

This is a very “alpha” release but you will still get goosebumps. I do every time.

The models are spectacular but unfortunately they are delayed in getting to me my modeling group. I want perfection so I know I am driving them crazy. The interior will be as close to LM-5 as anyone has ever done. That includes, Velcro, paint scratches – everything.

This first “alpha” will be just the short approach in P66.. I stopped trying to add all the other stuff like the longer approaches until you get a chance to fly and comment on what I have.

You can fly it with joysticks but it actually works pretty well with the native Oculus/Vive controllers. You can stand up and do it just the real guys did.

Back to the screen!

Ron

drakulton

Reaction score
EagleLanderVR (ELVR) can be flown using the 'in VR' controls or using the VR hand controls or PC flight joystick and software such as Joy2key to map some of the keyboard controls.

NOTES
-----
Keyboard, Oculus Touch, Oculus Remote assignments for ELVR and ELVRF3.

IN-VR MENU
----------
This menu appears as an extension of the DSKY in the center of the LM
cockpit.

RESTART + VERIFY = Reset scenario

RESET HEAD POSITION + VERIFY = Reset view in VR

SPOT VIEW + VERIFY = external view

PAUSE = Start flight / Pause flight

STOP/START MUSIC = Restarts music, does not stop it.

EXIT = Exit the simulator

OCULUS TOUCH (OT) HAND CONTROLLER FOR RIFT, RIFT S AND QUEST 1/2
----------------------------------------------------------------

If the 'in VR LM Attitude Controller Assembly (ACA) is used to control roll,pitch and yaw only.

First trigger fingers on both (OT) hand controllers and the right hand controller 'A' button.
'Rate of Descent' (ROD) DOWN ... Slows your rate of descent by 1 fps.

Right hand controller 'B' button and left hand controller 'Y' button.
Rate of Descent' (ROD) UP ... Increases your rate of descent by 1 fps.

If the 'in VR LM (ACA) is NOT used the left hand (OT) controller thumbstick is used to control roll and pitch.

Right hand controller 'A' button.
'Rate of Descent' (ROD) DOWN ... Slows your rate of descent by 1 fps.

Right hand controller 'B' button and left hand controller 'Y' button.
Rate of Descent' (ROD) UP ... Increases your rate of descent by 1 fps.

left hand controller first finger trigger yaws the LM to the left.

Right hand controller first finger trigger yaws the LM to the right.

EXTERNAL VIEWS
--------------

Both first finger triggers depressed at the same time, and the Touch
controllers moved closer together zooms in on the LM

Both first finger triggers depressed at the same time, and the Touch
controllers moved away from each other zooms out on the LM

Right trigger finger depressed and controller moved left/right/up/down
to pan left/right/up/down

OCULUS button = Exits the sim

OCULUS REMOTE
-------------

SELECT button. ('A' button, centre disk)
'Rate of Descent' (ROD) down ... Slows your rate of descent by 1 fps.

BACK button ('B' button)
'Rate of Descent' (ROD) up ... Increases your rate of descent by 1 fps.

MINUS (-) button = Volume down

PLUS (+) button = Volume up

OCULUS button = Exits the sim

KEYBOARD
--------

<F3> = Reset head position

<F5> = Reset scenario

<P> = Start flight / Pause flight

<+> = 'Rate of Descent' (ROD) down ... Slows your rate of descent by 1 fps.

<-> = 'Rate of Descent' (ROD) up ... Increases your rate of descent by 1 fps.

<1> = Cockpit View

<7> = External view

<K> = Kill Engine

<A> = Abort Stage ... separates ascent and descent stages.

<X> = X-pointer toggle