Shenzhou 7 mission thread

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
when it lands will it have ummu ? please say it will I am getting fed up with using a capsule and when it lands not being able to get my ummus out

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
when it lands will it have ummu ? please say it will I am getting fed up with using a capsule and when it lands not being able to get my ummus out

Interesting. streb2001, take note...

What sort of effect are you after? Spacesuited guys climbing out of the RM, sitting down in chairs, lighting up smokes?

Do you also want UMmu's to be able to walk up to the rocket, ride the elevator and climb into the spacecraft before launch?

(I'm only being half facetious. It's a pretty neat idea, actually...)

cr1

Promoting vegetables in space
Reaction score
I know this may sound crazy but... how about that (controllable) helicopter that's supposed to find the RM? (ummu-compatible helicopters that can take the crew back to JSLC?)
:roflcopter: (I couldn't resist...)

Anyways. I really look forward to this addon and I can already see the developers are doing a very good job :thumbup:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
So will you try my idea ? and what I want is the ummus that are in it in orbit to be able to get out on the ground

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I know this may sound crazy but... how about that (controllable) helicopter that's supposed to find the RM? (ummu-compatible helicopters that can take the crew back to JSLC?)
:roflcopter: (I couldn't resist...)

Anyways. I really look forward to this addon and I can already see the developers are doing a very good job :thumbup:

Yes...doable! Helicopters have been done well in Orbiter, and getting the helicopter to be near the landing point of the RM is simply a matter of scenario design.

cr1, would you perhaps be interested in developing the helicopter??

cr1

Promoting vegetables in space
Reaction score
I would like to, but... how?

I've never learned how to make addons.

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Some folks in China think the Shenzhou VII EVA was fake:

http://en.epochtimes.com/n2/china/chinese-space-spacewallk-china-bloggers-5326.html

It appears China is not immune to its own native brand of "Moon Hoax" thinking.

Whenever there's an ISS EVA and I'm at home, I keep the video feed on all the time. I've probably seen close to 100 hours of EVA activity this way. I went back and looked at the most complete video of the EVA I could find on youtube, and it looked very real to me.

I think maybe that some of things people are talking about as looking "fake" are just zero-G phenomena they're not used to seeing. For instance, the so-called "bubbles" are just little bits and pieces of loose stuff from inside the spacecraft that end up floating out, while the "suspicious" steadiness of the image is due to the fact that 1) the cameras are fixed solidly to the spacecraft and 2) the commenters don't realize how much difference there is between the mass of the spacecraft and the mass of the astronauts.

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ridiculous. Look at the speed that the tethers move and the rate that the flag rotates around when waved. These hoax-spotters have obviously never heard of the concept of viscosity and fluid resistance. Perhaps they should try moving that quickly through water and see what happens! The camera can be seen in the taikonaut's visor yet no lights are visible. The Earth is clearly seen rotating past the spacecraft.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Of course it is a fake!

The voice from the astronaut was spoken on the ground by an other astronaut, who was not allowed to take the flight because he was not pretty enough.