Gaming Shores of Hazeron

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
:facepalm::rolleyes:
I know that. I was just trying to figure out how it got me that high up and killed me that fast. I was dead before I hit the ground or a tree.

Some animals can fly, maybe that's what happened? If you're not wearing armor, it's certainly possible for an animal to do enough damage to kill you immediately.

Also, the "Log" ingame channel should show you damage you've taken, so you can see what exactly killed you.

TerraMimic

Reaction score
And Martok put a bounty on my head for "being a noob". :idk:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
And Martok put a bounty on my head for "being a noob". :idk:
Easiest solution is to not be a noob. :p

You're probably safe, though--money is so easy to come by that there's really no point to pursuing bounties, and since you're a new player, if someone comes and conquers you, just let the Syndicate know and they'll respond appropriately.

TerraMimic

Reaction score
I've been playing around with the spaceship designer. I was wondering if it was possible to make ramps out of external hull components somehow. I put a vehicle bay on the upper level of the ship, and I wanted to have a ramp for ground vehicles to drive in and out. Is there any way to do that?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've been playing around with the spaceship designer. I was wondering if it was possible to make ramps out of external hull components somehow. I put a vehicle bay on the upper level of the ship, and I wanted to have a ramp for ground vehicles to drive in and out. Is there any way to do that?

Not that I know of. There's a thread on the hazeron forums discussing ramps, and it seems a popular suggestion, but it's not currently possible.

TerraMimic

Reaction score
It seems I started in a really bad system. I've been to 2 moons and another planet so far, and no eludium. Any tips on how to find some?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It seems I started in a really bad system. I've been to 2 moons and another planet so far, and no eludium. Any tips on how to find some?

Um...all moons have eludium.

Do you mean lumenite?

TerraMimic

Reaction score
I've found truckloads of lumenite. I just haven't seen any eludium. It's possible that i've missed it, or just had the bad luck to choose poor landing sites. I think i saw it once on the other planet orbiting the same gas giant as my starting planet, but it was under water. And it was also before the servers went down and it seems to have redistributed the resources on that planet since they came back up (which is kind of odd if I understand system decay properly).

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've found truckloads of lumenite. I just haven't seen any eludium. It's possible that i've missed it, or just had the bad luck to choose poor landing sites. I think i saw it once on the other planet orbiting the same gas giant as my starting planet, but it was under water. And it was also before the servers went down and it seems to have redistributed the resources on that planet since they came back up (which is kind of odd if I understand system decay properly).

I think you've got eludium and lumenite backwards.

Eludium is light blue, looks like two crossed sticks. Lumenite is dark blue with three points...

TerraMimic

Reaction score
I thought I had it backwards too. Until I went and picked some of it up by hand and it said Lumenite in the inventory.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So...
http://www.hazeronwiki.com/Eludium
That stuff is everywhere on every moon I've ever seen. It's nearly as common as stone on moons.

http://www.hazeronwiki.com/Lumenite
That stuff is much more uncommon, relatively speaking.

If you've got a ton of lumenite but no eludium anywhere in your system, you should post on the hazeron forums in the bug reports section. New players aren't supposed to start in systems without eludium, I think.

TerraMimic

Reaction score
I should have some time to check again tonight. If I don't find any, I'll post a bug report.

Or, I could always try asking in game. Maybe I'll get lucky and not get another bounty on my head :p

TerraMimic

Reaction score
Found eludium and lumenite. Turns out it was on another moon orbiting the same gas giant that my starting planet was. It was just hiding on the other side.

Finally got my first ship. It's pretty much a dinky litty shuttle, but it carries far more cargo than I can take by myself in a rocket. And, I can crew the whole thing on my own. Don't need any officers or crew to get around.

Once I get the moon base up and running, I'll hopefully be able to start building bigger and better designs.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Found eludium and lumenite. Turns out it was on another moon orbiting the same gas giant that my starting planet was. It was just hiding on the other side.

Finally got my first ship. It's pretty much a dinky litty shuttle, but it carries far more cargo than I can take by myself in a rocket. And, I can crew the whole thing on my own. Don't need any officers or crew to get around.

Once I get the moon base up and running, I'll hopefully be able to start building bigger and better designs.
Having crew makes everything so easy--you just issue orders and they do it for you.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
A bit OT:

I notice that Shores of Hazeron is put out by a company called Software Engineering, Inc, and that softwareengineering.com is an alias of Hazeron.com, or vice versa.

Does anyone know if the Software Engineering, Inc. that puts out Hazeron is of any relation to (or identical to) a Software Engineering, Inc, with its website at softwareengineering.com, that put out a shareware game called "Gravity Well" in the mid-to-late '90s? (Actually, they were still selling Gravity Well as of 2009).

The Hazeron installation instructions mention that SE is a Colorado corporation, and the SE that put out Gravity Well had a mailing address in Denver, so that would support the theory that they're identical, but there's no mention of any other products than Hazeron on SE's website.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
A bit OT:

I notice that Shores of Hazeron is put out by a company called Software Engineering, Inc, and that softwareengineering.com is an alias of Hazeron.com, or vice versa.

Does anyone know if the Software Engineering, Inc. that puts out Hazeron is of any relation to (or identical to) a Software Engineering, Inc, with its website at softwareengineering.com, that put out a shareware game called "Gravity Well" in the mid-to-late '90s? (Actually, they were still selling Gravity Well as of 2009).

The Hazeron installation instructions mention that SE is a Colorado corporation, and the SE that put out Gravity Well had a mailing address in Denver, so that would support the theory that they're identical, but there's no mention of any other products than Hazeron on SE's website.
Pretty sure it's the same guy, yeah.