Problem SOLARPLANT not showing up in base

redwolfcfc

Reaction score
Hello all, I am not completely new to Orbiter, but I am new to the forum.

Question: Is there a known problem or issue with SOLARPLANT in the 2009 beta?

I had a base I created a while back under the 2006 version. I re-worked it a bit from scratch to use in the 2009 BETA. My SOLARPLANT is not showing up. I checked to make sure SOLARPLANT was still supported in the 2009 BETA version and it appears to be unchanged. I checked my syntax in the config file several times and compared it against the documentation and it looks okay. I tried copying and pasting a SOLARPLANT from the Habana spaceport and that was a no go as well. I also checked to make sure the texture solpanel.dds was still in the textures folder and it is.

I am sure I have overlooked something trivial or made a silly mistake, but I cannot find it. Anyone have any ideas?

I apologize if there is a thread on this subject and I failed to locate it. At least it motivated me to post.:thumbup:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums.

SOLARPLANT works on Orbiter 091124 for me, so it's something with your configuration file.

Maybe post your SOLARPLANT entry here, so we could check it.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of that maybe in the config/base.cfg file that solpanel is missing?

redwolfcfc

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums.

SOLARPLANT works on Orbiter 091124 for me, so it's something with your configuration file.

Maybe post your SOLARPLANT entry here, so we could check it.

Thanks for the welcome and the response! I am at work ATM and my files are at home base. I will post the entry later this evening when I get home.

The only thing I can think of that maybe in the config/base.cfg file that solpanel is missing?

I never thought to check it so that is a possibility. I will look at it tonight and post back when I get home.

Thanks very much for the help all!

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I never thought to check it so that is a possibility. I will look at it tonight and post back when I get home.
With Solpanel missing from the base.cfg, the solar plant mesh still would be displayed, but it would be untextured (white), so it's something else.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Ah, yes... I was just kind of grasping at straws... Now that you mention it I remember I had a pearly white Plato crater before I remembered I had to tweak the base.cfg file.

redwolfcfc

Reaction score
With Solpanel missing from the base.cfg, the solar plant mesh still would be displayed, but it would be untextured (white), so it's something else.

Makes sense. Can you look and tell me what the name of the mesh is?

redwolfcfc

Reaction score
Not really. It's internal mesh of Orbiter.exe, so it has no name per se.

Okay that is what I was thinking. I did look for the mesh in the directory and did not see anything, then I checked the old installation(2006) and didnt see anything there and I just assumed it was built-in.

It just occurred to me to wonder if the fact that I am using the no-graphics client with the DX7 plugin could have anything to do with it? i will check that tonight.

Thanks for your attention I will come back here after I get home tonight and either post my config file entry and beg for more help or hopefully report that the problem is solved.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
It just occurred to me to wonder if the fact that I am using the no-graphics client with the DX7 plugin could have anything to do with it? i will check that tonight.
You're right here. Solar plant doesn't appear to be present when using Orbiter_ng with D3D7Client (I'll check other graphics clients later).

redwolfcfc

Reaction score
You're right here. Solar plant doesn't appear to be present when using Orbiter_ng with D3D7Client (I'll check other graphics clients later).

Excellent! Thanks for checking that for me.:tiphat:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks for checking that for me.:tiphat:
It doesn't show up for other clients (OGLA) too, so it's lack of support for it by no-graphics server yet. It might be related to this issue.

redwolfcfc

Reaction score
It doesn't show up for other clients (OGLA) too, so it's lack of support for it by no-graphics server yet. It might be related to this issue.

Okay mystery is solved... it is a dynamic element(moves to face sun) and now that I think about it my train does not move either.

Thanks again for your help and attention, it is much appreciated!
Take care!